Change background image

Bendleby Rangers

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hiluxed, Sep 28, 2014.

1. hiluxed

hiluxed New Member

Gday to everyone , haven't been on the forum for a while.

Have made a booking at bendlebies for the October long weekend and just wondering if anyone out their might be doing the same.

Only made the booking a couple of days ago and it appears to be fairly booked up .
    I'm booked in from Thursday and bailing out on the Sunday so if anyone recognizes my truck around the place come and say Gday

Cheers Tony :D

2. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

You will certainly have a good weekend at Bendleby. Great tracks from easy to hard.

Hopefully you can meet up with someone else from the forum.

3. dochol

dochol Banned

Hi welcome to the forum
    Doc

4. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Yeah will be busy, their last long weekend before hot weather starts affecting visits.
    Not sure if any other Earthies going that way, mostly the SE beaches trip, but you never know.

You obviously made it through the Robes trip fine then ?

5. hiluxed

hiluxed New Member

previous robe trip

Gday Les
    Robe was good , stormy,wet , blowin a gail.LOL

We were the only ones to brave the weather in little dip n/park, the 2 local recovery vehicle's seemed to be following us around .Obviously bored .We didn't do any challenging stuff, you'd get blown away like a piece of paper in the wind .

Had fun in the sandy tracks, all the water holes we're full.
    Will definitely go back .

Thanks for your interest

Regards Tony

6. Swaggie

Swaggie Moderator

Hi Tony

Welcome to the forum mate

7. cookie64

cookie64 4x4 Earth Contributer

Hi mate, say g'day to Warren & Jane, they are truly beaut people, it will be busy but they have set the place out really well so you will have plenty of solitude.

cheers

8. 80lover96gxl

80lover96gxl Moderator

Enjoy what bendelby has to offer, it would be in the top 3 station stays in the flinders.

Billy goats and ridge top tracks are the hardest,, take it steady and read the track and you should be fine.

9. LowLux

LowLux Moderator

Wouldn't mind going back up there for a weekend, it was good last time we went but just can't make it this time.

10. Moroh

Moroh Member

G'day mate. Welcome to the Forum.

11. hiluxed

hiluxed New Member

Bendleby Rangers Conquered

We certainly picked the right day to arrive at Bendlebys (Thursday before the Oct. long w/end). Come fri/sat the crowds rolled in, people, 4x4 trucks, camper trailers, caravans etc, it was packed and flat out at the office. Jane and Warren certainly had their hands full.
    Once we were given maps and campsite directions we were on our way. Spent an easy afternoon on the Bendleby ranges tracks .
    We ventured into the Hungry Ranges the next day to tackle the more extreme tracks like Ridge Top and the infamous Billy Goat track . I was about half way on the billy goat track when I was asked to stop by my passenger's so they could take photo's . Once stopped my 3 passengers' bailed out of the Hilux, (3 x chickens LOL ):cool:
    Must have something to do with Warren telling us a Nissan went off the edge 2 weeks earlier. You don't get out of your truck without putting your hand brake on :eek:.
    The Yuruga hill track was a complete surprise as this was also classed as an extreme track as well, it had the best views of them all.
    We had the best time ever 4wding and the Hilux had no trouble here.
    Minimum truck requirements for the extreme tracks are lift kit ,off road tyres and rear lockers.:)

Cheers to ya all
    Tony

12. Les PK Ranger

Les PK Ranger 4x4 Earth Contributer

Good one Tony, sounds like a great weekend all round . . . maybe in future the passengers might have more faith in your (and the vehicles) capabilities :D

13. cookie64

cookie64 4x4 Earth Contributer

Billy Goat is great isn't it :)

Glad you enjoyed it, it is the best place to cut your teeth as you can build your confidence and skills as you go.

Had to laugh at the 3 chickens, reminds me of a trip going up Yaltaorldla Hill in the Flinders, my wife got out and left the 2 kids in the car with me - the kids loved it and the wife got some exercise :)

cheers

14. White Walker

White Walker New Member

Thank you for sharing your thoughts everyone
    I have a MN Triton 2” lift kit under body protection rock sliders heavy duty clutch being fitted but no locker front or rear.
    Have people done it without lockers. Be interested in your comments

15. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Well-Known Member

With the right line you will be fine, i believe it recently got some works done to it to make it safer/easier.

16. silkwood

silkwood Member

Was there on the weekend. More than a couple got up Billy Goat's without lockers, but you need to pick your line. A little hairy having to back down to try a new line on some sections!
    Cheers,
    Mark

17. White Walker

White Walker New Member

Appreciate that feedback thanks

18. rogerazz

rogerazz 4x4 Earth Contributer

Make sure you have a spotter to help you pick the lines.:).

silkwood likes this.
  19. Gidgee

Gidgee New Member

I'll be up there on the June long weekend. Still got the HTs on as planning to do a fair bit of bitumen cruising this year so not sure which tracks I will do. really just planning to learn the new vehicle.

20. White Walker

White Walker New Member

Thanks. That certainly will be a necessity.