Belanglo State Forest day trip

Gebsta

Hi Guys,
Just sharing some footage from our trip last week.
Red Arm Fire Trail was closed half way :(.
Had fun though.

Matt

Nicool

Hi Guys,
Just sharing some footage from our trip last week.
Red Arm Fire Trail was closed half way :(.
Had fun though.

Matt
Hey Matt, which trail(s) were you on? Did you have a map or was google enough to find your way?

Gebsta

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 2.36.07 pm.png

Hey,
Here is the track we took. Pretty much got to the back of the pine forest and enter from there

Triton14

Yeh the hairs stand up on the back of my neck whenever I just drive past that place!
Knowing what both Milats did there I wouldnt even drive into the place!!

ryanj

Nice mate,
I was actually looking to head out there soon and check out Red Arm firetrail, looks like you guys had a good day out!

ryanj

@Rusty Panels Yeh mate, i actually mapped it to head there first from the hwy and have a look at the memorial site, very sad but true history.. then was gonna hit up red arm and a couple other firetrails with a stop at joadja on the way home...hopefully a good day.

Rusty Panels

It's been a couple of years since I went there. They had graded the road with large humps every hundred metres so a normal vehicle couldn't go in there I would assume that's to lessen the number of visitors to the site.

ryanj

Oh right ok then...hmm im still pretty stock so i guess ill see how we go...thanks for the heads up mate

redback

Nothing wrong with Belanglo, great camping and some good drives in there too.

Us in 2006, first camped there in 05, last camp there was around 2014/5, started getting a bit busy around then and the ranger was a bit more strict with firewood collection.
DSC01627.JPG