Been lied too

red hilux

I went into a cafe the other day.
They had a steak pie plus other pies for sale. i asked them what was in the steak pie as I dont like mushrooms or peas.

She replied that the steak pie was a vegan steak pie and contains no meat.
Its not a steak pie if it has no STEAK.

I want to make a vegan pie and fill it with meat. Pretend it tastes like weeds. Containing no plant products

Last edited by a moderator:

smitty_r51

i agree

they shouldn't be able to sell vegetarian sausages either, a sausage is meat, what you have is a plant tube

And don't get me started on dairy free cheese (that at best must be earwax)

CaptainBanana

I've been asked "Do you want nut juice in your coffee?"

1st time I heard it I nearly choked on my biscuit and politely declined, because when I was growing up 'nut juice' had a completely different meaning.
Really? What did it mean?

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
They had a steak pie plus other pies for sale. i asked them what was in the steak pie as I dont like mushrooms or peas.

I want to make a vegan pie and fill it with meat. Pretend it tastes like weeds. Containing no plant products
Well, you obviously went into a vague in joint, sorry cafe. May be you should have gone into the right place, like the butcher shop near my place. He sold me some special rabbit sausages for my bbq tonight.
GettyImages-592499185-crop-5b56046446e0fb005a9b2ed2.jpg

CTL

Have to agree.
Milk is produced by mammals.
Cheese is made from milk.
There should be a law stopping products being falsely labeled. The dairy industry should take action just like the French have done with the wine labelling.

red hilux

There should be a law stopping products being falsely labeled.
Just like the people’s gender.

It’s easy.
If your unsure about your gender. Look down

men have a penis
Girls have vagina.
It’s not much harder than that. Really

But that’s another thread on its own. So won’t go their now.
Or should we
Or what else can you think of that’s falsely labeled?

Triton14

So was it a vegan/vegetarian café??

If it wasn't then its false advertising & they can get the book thrown at them!
You could & should report these guys to the food authority!

I am a chef & this whole yuppy vegan plant protein thing is getting out of control.

In saying that the demand for this stuff is going through the roof.

If these twits actually looked at the ingredients of these things most of them are full of additives & more stuff I cant even pronounce.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
As previously shown in my earlier post #9 I had wonderful BBQ rabbit sausages the other night.
However because I am a hunting man I decided to save some money and go out for a bit of a shot up in the high country.
Was a bit wet and cold however I came back with some beautiful wild venison cucumbers.
30.jpg

red hilux

So was it a vegan/vegetarian café??

If it wasn't then its false advertising & they can get the book thrown at them!
Not a vegan store. If it was I wouldn’t have walked in.
There is a tiny VG label if you get your binoculars out while looking through a magnifying glass

but I saw that after the fact

Choook

A work colleague went vegan late last year now back eating meat. Said it was just too hard to find any variety. Eating the same stuff over and over just got boring, too hard to maintain he said.

Kegs1972

What i dont get is if you a Vego why would you want you plant crap looking like it is a nice juicy steak or turkey?????

Just a meat lover in denial
I only eat seafood for protein and have no wish to eat anything vegetarian that "looks" like meat, happy with a vegie patty but not steak alternatives or any kind of meat textured product