Bearing Witness

Corndoggy

Just watched 4 Corners report "Bearing Witness" on the Jehovah Witness organisation. Seems to me it is just another organisation that uses a bible, twists and turns what's in it to suit their own means of control of those they brain wash to have a flock that follow the unquestionably. Families split up from those that have seen the light and left the flock. Then of course the child molestation that seems to go with these groups. None of which gets reported to the authorities but handled by themselves, justice done there.Then of course there is the multi billion $s that come with a world wide business, and after all it is a business with plenty rorts to handle all that money. An organisation that is run by men, women are to be subservient, higher education is not encouraged as you would question too much and not needed when the new world began after the end of time, except for those followers of Jehovah. Installed fear to keep them under control.
Aren't I glad I gave away religion at a very early age. Will I burn in hell when dead. Don't think so, I will be dead. Don't think you know much at all when your dead. Will I burn when dead, I think so. That's what they do when cermated.

discomatt

Just watched 4 Corners report "Bearing Witness" on the Jehovah Witness organisation. Seems to me it is just another organisation that uses a bible, twists and turns what's in it to suit their own means of control of those they brain wash to have a flock that follow the unquestionably. Families split up from those that have seen the light and left the flock. Then of course the child molestation that seems to go with these groups. None of which gets reported to the authorities but handled by themselves, justice done there.Then of course there is the multi billion $s that come with a world wide business, and after all it is a business with plenty rorts to handle all that money. An organisation that is run by men, women are to be subservient, higher education is not encouraged as you would question too much and not needed when the new world began after the end of time, except for those followers of Jehovah. Installed fear to keep them under control.
Aren't I glad I gave away religion at a very early age. Will I burn in hell when dead. Don't think so, I will be dead. Don't think you know much at all when your dead. Will I burn when dead, I think so. That's what they do when cermated.
You could change a few ( as in not many)words in that and you have described what society has almost become:oops:

Rusty Panels

Not wishing to offend anyone but there are extremist members of any religion and belief. Heard the story of a young girl who grew up in a Jewish family and some of the dark beliefs they have. She was pretty much a prisoner within her own family.
The main religious denominations have been responsible for more wars than the good old USA. Then you have all the other countries that have been at war with other religions within their own lands since Jesus played fullback for Jerusalem.

cam04

I was ‘educated’ at a Marist Brothers boarding school in the 80’s. I reckon Ive earned the right to question any faith i might have had, and if i have any i sure as shit don‘t need to sit in front of some clown in a church and sing about it, much less force it upon millions of poor bastards on pain of death like the Taliban are doing again. What has been done in the name of religion on this planet is deplorable.

Corndoggy

Met a few what I'll call nutters over the years, not the violent type nutters. Had a female friend way back from school days and a few years after. Bumped into her one day at the shopping center, gave her a lift home. She warned me on the way there, "mums a religious fanatic". They had a religious bookshop and a religious mobile bookshop bus. Dad was away spreading the word of the lord and selling his books. She did warn me but it was nothing like I expected. Crosses, pictures, figurines, little shrines all over the place. Don't know how many times she crossed herself. Don't know how many times she blessed me. Wanted me to prey with her when she had lunch. My friend said got to go to whoevers place. Could see she was embarrassed. In the car she apologise and started crying. This was like it every day and everytime she had someone around. Told her im ok but I thought she wasn't. I found out a while later she stopped talking to her parents, moved out of the house and was not being forced into going to church and had stopped. Wanted nothing to do with them. The obsession with their religion drove their daughter completely away from them. Good thing about it all was she was so much happier.

Toyasaurus

Like Cam I was educated at marist bro`s in Syd.
5th & 6th classes were pedophile central, most of the brothers were convicted, the worst was the principle.
That place should have been burnt to the ground with them in it.
High school wasn`t much better.

Unlike RP I couldn`t give a rats if I offend anyone,
Religion is a power trip for those in charge, I`m better than you etc, I can tell you what to do if you disobey me you`ll burn in hell.
Prove it Nut Jobs.

Faith, what you need to believe that which you know to be impossible.

cam04

Like Cam I was educated at marist bro`s in Syd.
5th & 6th classes were pedophile central, most of the brothers were convicted, the worst was the principle.
That place should have been burnt to the ground with them in it.
High school wasn`t much better.

Unlike RP I couldn`t give a rats if I offend anyone,
Religion is a power trip for those in charge, I`m better than you etc, I can tell you what to do if you disobey me you`ll burn in hell.
Prove it Nut Jobs.

Faith, what you need to believe that which you know to be impossible.
My old principal just got sent up last year for harbouring that grub at Newcastle/Hunter Valley. No doubt we shared a couple of teachers, they moved the bad ones around a bit and harboured them within the system.

Corndoggy

According to the program an inquiry into molestation it was revealed that there was around 1800 cases and 1000 perpetrators from this mob (within Australia) that were all handled within the church. None report to authorities outside the church. According to their way of handling things you need 2 witness to accuse someone. That says a lot.
If you were under investigation for something, from the sounds of it, you would be better to catch the next plane to Guantanamo Bay.
Mind you this religion is run by 8 old farts or elders that live in luxury in the good old US of A. They make the rules, they interpret and write the teachings. Control, domination and money making. All a good religious leader wants.

Albynsw

022D3B93-96C4-4001-9ABE-ED0914AFEA0C.jpeg

Toyasaurus

Musk, Gates, Jobs, even the arabs have nothing compaired to the catholic church.

Richest company in history and pay`s no tax at all.

mikehzz

God's not the problem, religion is. Religion presumes to speak on behalf of whatever God is, as if it's got a direct line to the source. Debates about whether God exists or not are pointless, but there should be debates about whether a religion is complete BS. Ricky again on "acts of God".

Hoyks

'Get your gear off, my imaginary friend said you must have sex with me.... Now.'

worst pickup line ever!

Lost1?

More people have been killed in the defence/enforcement of their chosen god than anything else in this world. Burn in hell. I will take my chances if such a place exists. Beats teaming up with pedophiles or people who think beheadings on social media are the way to live.

a1bert

I have started my own religion and am looking for financial members to join
I have not named the religion yet, BUT the naming rights are up for auction, so the winning bid will be notified to deposit directly into my bank account
People interested in joining please enter your BSB number and account number and i will be in touch shortly
Please commence your bidding below, note God always needs money to sustain his influence;)

Corndoggy

I'm in. Best getting in at the ground level and then building up from all the brainless suckers, sorry, ment worshippers that want to be saved by having their savings taken away from them. We push the belief that you can't buy your way into heaven but there is an entrance fee. And it needs to hurt as you give so give it all. Better we get this going fast as there as so many scams around we might run short of the brainless.