Beach Shower

Silveredition

Gday all,
Over summer the inside of my car becomes a beach due to the kids getting in after swimming, covered in sand and salt water (and usually whinging about being cold)...
I had thought about making some sort of a shower for them for ages, but wasn't sure how to go about it...
Today while cleaning out the shed I found an old camp shower that we probably hadn't used in 5 or so years (the type that has 4x D batteries, and one end is placed into a bucket of water - a press of the button, and it still worked! I had an old plastic water jerrycan and decided to cut one of the lids off to fit the pump into the bottom of it (and used a soldering iron to re-weld it back together). I welded another bit of plastic on the side with the soldering iron for the battery compartment / switch to clip onto....
Now i just fill it with warm water (or leave it in the sun) and it is ready to go!
I wouldn't take it camping as it think 20L or water would disappear with the first shower!!
IMG_4410.JPG

Silveredition

And after a quick test - the kids love it (and emptied about 15L...)
IMG_4416.JPG

Showering on one of the rear rubber floor mats, and there is less sand inside the car... (less - not none...)
IMG_4414.JPG

darb

ps I just take off the long extender bit, a few pumps with the pumper and it's good to go.

I do have a 12v coleman pump thing, but it's always a pain in the arse

Poppa

And after a quick test - the kids love it (and emptied about 15L...)
View attachment 49881
Showering on one of the rear rubber floor mats, and there is less sand inside the car... (less - not none...)
View attachment 49882
There you go again - just slipping in "bits and pieces" of the Classic Quintrex!!! I reckon you do it just to tease the Boaties on this site. It might be an idea to ban all photos from you until you write up the story of the Quintrex. Love to hear about and see some photos of it on the water.
Oh yeah, showers not bad - good, actually.

Silveredition

I use a 10litre pressure sprayer from bunnings , fill it with water, done.

Great for washing the sand off the kids.
64b03762-be27-477d-ae4c-8d8d4b4f765b.jpg

I did think about using one of these, but I had the other gear in the shed so it didn't cost anything - and the pattern out of the shower rose isn't far off a normal shower...

Silveredition

There you go again - just slipping in "bits and pieces" of the Classic Quintrex!!! I reckon you do it just to tease the Boaties on this site. It might be an idea to ban all photos from you until you write up the story of the Quintrex. Love to hear about and see some photos of it on the water.
Oh yeah, showers not bad - good, actually.

I will try to get something together over the weekend - it is hard to find some of the older photos!!