@BARRA_GU ,400RWKW XR6 Turbo Engine Conversion GU PATROL -Georgie's Twin Locked GU Patrol

The reason as to why i hid my vehicle plates and vin is because people take photos from social media and send them in to the transport authority hoping to cause you grief and inconvenience you by causing you unnecessary dramas.
As if people do that aha, it doesn’t get an engineering cert because you’re off to cause problems. Ridiculous.

Barra GU

As if people do that aha, it doesn’t get an engineering cert because you’re off to cause problems. Ridiculous.
You better believe it...
Someone sent photos to vicroads from my social media pages and said my vehicle is highly illegal and unsafe.

I have now had to get the rig engineered and now have a meeting with vic roads at there head office on monday arvo for their head engineer to view it over there pits

Barra GU

It’s very common.

The haters or just people that don’t like you get pleasure in seeing you getting into trouble

That’s also a reason for people editing out lic plates
Which is pretty much the reason as to why i recently closed down my facebook for good and have been over this thread with a fine tooth comb to delete any videos showing my number plate.

Omce i have the vehicle inspected on monday i will be also arranging to change my plates so that people cant report me again just by keeping a photo of my plate.

Yes it is linked to me still being an old plate but having a new one means that the photo they have is an old photo which wont warrant there case...

Its been a bloody nightmare as of recently amd i dont know why people qould do such a thing but i have even gone to the extent wjere i will be covering my plates on videos we make for our YouTube channel...

Its silly to think that i cant just have my plates exposed in todays day an age with even an engineered vehicle cos some people have nothing better to do than inconvenience you

red hilux

Which is pretty much the reason as to why i recently closed down my facebook for good and have been over this thread with a fine tooth comb to delete any videos showing my number plate.

Omce i have the vehicle inspected on monday i will be also arranging to change my plates so that people cant report me again just by keeping a photo of my plate.

Yes it is linked to me still being an old plate but having a new one means that the photo they have is an old photo which wont warrant there case...

Its been a bloody nightmare as of recently amd i dont know why people qould do such a thing but i have even gone to the extent wjere i will be covering my plates on videos we make for our YouTube channel...

Its silly to think that i cant just have my plates exposed in todays day an age with even an engineered vehicle cos some people have nothing better to do than inconvenience you

Please pass on your new plates to us.

You can trust us.

Us Toyota owners would like that conversion in our cars too. We aren’t jealous like your fellow Nissan owners

Barra GU

Please pass on your new plates to us.

You can trust us.

Us Toyota owners would like that conversion in our cars too. We aren’t jealous like your fellow Nissan owners
Haha thanks Pal!
There is a few cruisers utilising the barra engine these days but as far as a hilux goes you will need to run a rear mounted rad as they are a long engine and may have dramas fitting it all with the twin thermos

Rags90mod

It's bloody pathetic that people go ahead and do such things these days. I usually do a bit of a squiggle over my number plates in any pics I post online of my cruiser for same reason as you as well as to not give an easy target for any would be thieves trolling pics of people's rigs they spent plenry of their hard earned money on

Barra GU

Just letting you all know that i went to vic roads today for my vehicle inspection.
I left there somehwat disappointed but not with the outcome of my vehicle....

My vehicle is fine as everything was engineered so they had no problem with that part.
What pissed me off is that they advised me that they were given this tip off from a 4x4 earth member who even went to the extent of forwarding them my build thread link.

If you're out here reading this all ive got to say to you is that your life must be pretty sad and miserable pif ypu feel the need to jump on the internet and lag people in to vic roads to make yourself feel better.

It actually disturbs me to think that another fellow 4wder wpuld go to the extent they have to ty and attempt to inconvenience another person who shares the same interest.

Im not going to even harp on about it further... You did what you did and all you did was inconvenience me for half an hour in the afternoon today.
Given that theres scumbags like this on our forum i have also arranged to now have my number plate changed over so no one can report me with it off the net again.

I have done my best to document this build thread for myself & any of you that have taken a keen interest in my build and to think that someone went to that extent boggles my brain...

Anyway just wanted to let ypu guys know that there are scumbags amongst us and to cover your plates to prevent anyone from doing to you as they did to me....

Lastly the vic roads representatives said they loved my thread, it was something dofferent build wise and even pointed out that the tranny was there favourite part...

I guess they must ne car guys eh?

Amyway night to you all...
And to the scumbag hater that reported me, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your arsehole...
Thank you and good night x