Back into 4X4s

Binalong

Hi
I am back into 4X4 again after a looooong absence, originally owned Fj40 for 8yrs, 2 x Fj55`s, love camping, trout fishing, now I have inherited an Fj 45 1978 ute, got the "stump pulling, earth grinding, ear shattering" monster "H" motor -- hooyah .... yeh yeh go on laugh
the only thing is ...... wait for it ........ 74000 ORIGINAL K`s .... yep ORIGINAL, it was my DADS .... stupid family turned the rego in and let it sit there, ok started weekly and moved around the yard monthly ... anyway I am back in the fold :D:D so now I am looking at my options with the ute regarding mods :)

Binalong

Thanks
the only thing is now I want to delve into all the knowledge here to help with my ideas,
just sort of gearing up now to reintroduce family back to the experience of outdoors, and start the wind down to my retirement and at the momnet the funding doesnt allow for a new fourby, so going the route of modding the ute first

Binalong

Thanks for the welcome people
Has anyone replaced the ute body with a shorty or 83 -84 mid wheel base body ? or will the later one fit on the chassis, as I am looking at 5 seats (shorty) with the ride of the ute(longer wheel base) so I can lock it securely and have a small ute back ...Regards ;);)