Rochester (3).jpg

Rupanyup.
Rupanyup (3).jpg

Roseberry.
Rosebery.jpg

Sheep Hills.
Sheep Hills (1).jpg

smitty_r51

Is there a definitive list... I know there is at least one website of the ones in Victoria which is the original "trail".. But I also know of some on this list and that I have visited that aren't on a list i.e Kimba in SA.

Chasing these could be like chasing the “big things“

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
What we really found interesting about the Silo Paintings, was the story behind the paintings. All the paintings have a connection with the local area. For example, the draught horses at Goorambat were local horses and have names and their story. On the pdf doc. I posted first, there are photos referring to this and also all the other silo paintings.
P.S. Just noticed these pics are small and may be hard to read. If someone wants info on one I will post full pics.

BIGCOL

Good stuff Azza,

They get you in don't they, there doing more all the time so it will be hard to say you have seen them all, unless you continue to tour around the country. A great boost to small country towns and areas.

Col.

greysrigging

I grew up in and nearby those small country towns.... Dookie Ag College was home, but I played footy in the Tungamah League, and Cricket in those other towns..., Devenish, St James, Goorambat.....
Great to see the art bring a tourist or 3 into the district.....

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I grew up in and nearby those small country towns.... Dookie Ag College was home, but I played footy in the Tungamah League, and Cricket in those other towns..., Devenish, St James, Goorambat.....
Great to see the art bring a tourist or 3 into the district.....
Small world mate. My missus grew up in St. James, her Dad in Stewarton and played footy and cricket there and St James. Her Mother grew up in Tungamah. Farther's side was Corboy, mothers side was Evans. A cousin Gavin Smith went to Dookie Ag College and they had farms up at Boho South. We did a lot of camping and shooting up Strathbogie ranges, around Honey Suckle Creek and places nearby.
Cheers.

greysrigging

Small world mate. My missus grew up in St. James, her Dad in Stewarton and played footy and cricket there and St James. Her Mother grew up in Tungamah. Farther's side was Corboy, mothers side was Evans. A cousin Gavin Smith went to Dookie Ag College and they had farms up at Boho South. We did a lot of camping and shooting up Strathbogie ranges, around Honey Suckle Creek and places nearby.
Cheers.
My father played the Pipes in Benalla and knew quite a few people around Stewarton. We also had a share farm ( pigs ) at Yundool. My father was an Instructor at Dookie College 1952-1974.
St James Hotel about 1953 ( Bob Grey Collection )
147.jpg

Last edited: