Automatic Digital Tyre Inflator / Deflator

r0bl

Sorry about late reply.... I to have one that I got with the lcool deal years ago. It uses a bizarre non-standard 12 volt over mini USB A plug.. these are normally 5 volt so it is very difficult to source a charger ...

Have you got a description of the adapter you found as the ebay link has expired ...

boobook

G_ute

I have been thinking of one of these as an automatic cutoff, around $50.

pressure.jpg

On paper seems like it will work.

boobook

I have been thinking of one of these as an automatic cutoff, around $50.

View attachment 73577

On paper seems like it will work.

That seems like it would work to inflate the tyres if you have a tank, but it would not allow you to deflate the tyres.

It would be a bit fiddly too IMHO.

Krumpy

The one from the op needs a compressor to deflate. Can’t confirm the other Models. It’s nit an issue for me As it’s always hooked up

boobook

The one from the op needs a compressor to deflate. Can’t confirm the other Models. It’s nit an issue for me As it’s always hooked up
It doesn't need to be hooked up to a compressor. It does need to have back pressure though. I made up a Nitto connector that is blocked and put that on for deflation. It works a treat.

protik

It doesn't need to be hooked up to a compressor. It does need to have back pressure though. I made up a Nitto connector that is blocked and put that on for deflation. It works a treat.

@boobook Could I ask what parts you used? Saw something similar in below video and trying to source these air fittings..

1656461536475.png

boobook

@boobook Could I ask what parts you used? Saw something similar in below video and trying to source these air fittings..

Mine has a Nitto male fitted to the inlet, and a female on the hose to the compressor.

I made up another female with a 1/4" thread and a 1/4" plug screwed into it. One each of these. I also tied a piece of string to it and to the handle so it is always there when I grab the deflator inflator. I just plug this into the inlet of the inflator / deflator when deflating. Bingo.
1656469147236.png
1656469172104.png

Last edited:

protik

@boobook Awesome thanks. Have ordered one. Are you using it with single or twin compressor? Wondering if I will have any dramas using the AUTO 1000 with the ARB single compressor (tankless).. which I could mount in the engine bay or else have to opt for portable twin.

boobook

@boobook Awesome thanks. Have ordered one. Are you using it with single or twin compressor? Wondering if I will have any dramas using the AUTO 1000 with the ARB single compressor (tankless).. which I could mount in the engine bay or else have to opt for portable twin.
Glad I can help.

I have a tank with a single and a dual compressor feeding it ( for redundancy, and to use air tools). You will need to make sure whatever compressor you use has a cut-off switch and I guess a tank is preferable.