Automatic Digital Tyre Inflator / Deflator

I have one and it works great. Dial in the pressures I want and it does its thing. Letting pressure out, or putting it back in. It is bulky though

Tink

I bought one of these a couple of months ago to replace the crappy one which came with the Aldi compressor
https://www.tradetools.com/product-...d-gauges/jamec-tyre-inflator-w-gauge-0-145psi
Works really well but it is not automatic. Tried it the last time on the beach as a deflator (no need to hook up to the air hose if just deflating). Was surprised how quick it was, and accurate (checked against my calibrated hand gauge). I would say, without a direct comparison, that the Jamec was only marginally slower than my Oztrail rapid deflator and with the added benefit of not having the risk associated with removing the valve stem.
Tink

Attachments

• IMG_1298.JPG
    IMG_1298.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 192

r0bl

I also own one of these. A fantastic device ...

Has anyone managed to recharge it in the car ? I find with mine I can only recharge it using the AC adaptor that it came with. I would be nice to be able to recharge it in the car

Thanks

Rob

I bit the bullet and bought one. I saw one at Repco in Dandenong. They opened the box to show me then gave me a discount to $280 because the box was open LOL.

Love it.

Basically it's a portable version of the auto ones that are at most servos now. Same same functionality but better.

There are 2 preset pressures. Say 18 and 40 PSI. You select one and it will inflate or deflate to that pressure. If you want say 24 PSI you can select 18 then the up button 6 times for 24 PSI, or you can put 24 PSI in the memory very simply. It also has a mode to over inflate then go back to your selected pressure for seating tyres and another over ride to inflate from zero PSI. Also it comes with an individual calibration certificate. Mine is 0.3 PSI out at 30 PSI and 0.5 PSI out at 50 PSI. Got to be happy with that. It has a rechargeable lithium battery - 10 hours of use with auto off & Mini USB re-charger port.

It turns out that the dimensions stated in the website are the box it comes in. It's really only 300 x 100 x 75. A bit bigger than a decent inflator but not too bad.

With the compressor attached, I tried it. Wow this is easy. My 33" tyre was at about 40 so I used 24PSI. The air comes out of a vent on the side. It was about 4 - 5 times quicker than my Stauns ( per tyre) with no screwing around or calibrating and rechecking pressure, and sometimes re-inflating. I had 3 sets of Stauns - 18, 24, 30 but they seem to drift in pressure by about 4 PSI.

It just let air out then stopped and beeped at 24 psi. Same with reinflating. I pushed the other preset and set it back to 40 PSI and it stops and beeped at 40.

Then I removed it from the hose to see how it would work just deflating. No go. It leaks air back into the hose and expects pressure. Damm I will have to have it connected to a working compressor I thought. Then as a test I swapped the Male and female hose connectors over so it stopped the air coming out. Bingo. It worked perfectly as a stand alone auto deflator. I will make up a more permanent solution next week.

It is great, fast, accurate and 100% compatible with having a beer while inflating and deflating, and while laughing at your mates mucking around with various devices. It is also the only accurate way of directly setting pressures higher and lower that I have used. No double checking with a gauge, no re-inflating after the tyres go too low.

It is a bit expensive but not over the top compared to a decent, accurate, calibrated gauge.

My ARB guage that was way out and the stauns are headed for the bin.

This is just too easy. Totally unsupervised, accurate inflating and deflating.

REDDOG IAIN

I have had one since they were first released. I was part of a group purchase on the LCOOL site. It is so bloody easy to use, hook it up and go away and check the tie downs, fridge etc. I can charge it via a inverter and it is basically indestructible, if you can spare the money, consider it an investment .

boobook

There is a new model. Less accurate ( 2 psi verses 0.3 psi calibrated) and $200 more expensive. Otherwise the same functionality. It is a little bit smaller. There aren't many old models left. Looks like a cost reduced version.

stevemc181

I bought one of these a couple of weeks ago for $215 on an Ebay special. Love it! No more crouching down checking pressures as the tyres inflate, just set it, attach it to the valve and remove when it beeps at the set pressure. My only gripes are that it is a little large and it only comes with a 240 volt charger. My unit doesn't have a mini USB port for charging, it has a pin type charge port. This shouldn't be an issue as 15 hours of constant run time between charges is a lot of tyre inflation/deflation cycles. Allowing ten minutes to air up 4 tyres, thats 90 complete air-up cycles, even on a long offroad trip I'd never need that many cycles. I don't think I'll use it for deflating as its a bit slow compared to the ARB E-Z deflator, but airing up is a breeze.

Mine has the calibration cert for 0.3psi and a test date of 04/09/2017. I've attached the manual here in PDF format for anyone interested in having a read.

Attachments

• 5254_file.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 400

JontyG

I do also take a small, manual inflator as a back up, and for the air bags.
Hi Boobook,

Just wondering why you find it's no good for airbags? Do they inflate too quickly for the automatic inflator to cope or something?

Thanks,
Jonty

boobook

I haven't tried it Jonty but i think it may be to quick. It doesn't take a lot of air to go from 10 to 40 psi in airbags.

red hilux

I’ve got coil assist air bags. I use the standard arb tyre inflator. As mentioned above, air bags goes up quickly.

With my inflator. I can be on that for a second and found I went to much. I would then have to use the deflator function

I dont think auto inflator will have that much control.

Bambi05

I bought one of these a couple of months ago to replace the crappy one which came with the Aldi compressor
https://www.tradetools.com/product-...d-gauges/jamec-tyre-inflator-w-gauge-0-145psi
Works really well but it is not automatic. Tried it the last time on the beach as a deflator (no need to hook up to the air hose if just deflating). Was surprised how quick it was, and accurate (checked against my calibrated hand gauge). I would say, without a direct comparison, that the Jamec was only marginally slower than my Oztrail rapid deflator and with the added benefit of not having the risk associated with removing the valve stem.
Tink

I also so got one of these on your advice Tink, and really happy with it.

Thanks Jamie

PICT0004.JPG

silux

Has anyone successfully replaced the 240V power supply with a 12v cigarette socket that can be used in the vehicle?

It seems possible-

The power supply provided has an output of DC 12.6V and 1A.
I'm wondering whether the unit has any issue receiving a voltage anywhere between 12v and 13.8V (i.e. the voltage of a '12v' car battery system), or whether this variable voltage will cause issues with the unit.

stevemc181

Has anyone successfully replaced the 240V power supply with a 12v cigarette socket that can be used in the vehicle?

It seems possible-

I'm wondering whether the unit has any issue receiving a voltage anywhere between 12v and 13.8V (i.e. the voltage of a '12v' car battery system), or whether this variable voltage will cause issues with the unit.

You could try something like this perhaps? Cigarette Lighter smart charger

Tink

It seems possible-

Be carefull. An alternator can supply up to 14.4 volts depending on load. I would be using a 12 volt charger as suggested above.
Tink

silux

I emailed Jamec Pem support hoping for more certainty.

According to the specifications for this unit, it requires a wattage of 12W max. With that in mind, I would not want to advise that you use a higher wattage power supply to use this tyre inflator.

Be carefull. An alternator can supply up to 14.4 volts depending on load. I would be using a 12 volt charger as suggested above.
Tink

Thanks for good tip! I'll grab one of those and I'm confident it will work fine.

Cheers

Last edited:

stevemc181

I emailed Jamec Pem support hoping for more certainty.

According to the specifications for this unit, it requires a wattage of 12W max. With that in mind, I would not want to advise that you use a higher wattage power supply to use this tyre inflator.

Cheers

I don't see what difference using a higher rated power supply than 12watts will do, so long as the volts are the same, the device being charged should only draw the wattage it requires ?

silux

I don't see what difference using a higher rated power supply than 12watts will do, so long as the volts are the same, the device being charged should only draw the wattage it requires ?

My thoughts exactly. Hence why I was more worried about the variable voltage input coming from the car battery system. I wasn't worried about the watts or amps. (From my very limited understanding of electronics)

silux

New cigarette power supply works a treat. Also required an adapter to change the size of the plug

Attachments

• IMG_20190221_182045.jpg
    IMG_20190221_182045.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 238
  • IMG_20190221_182108.jpg
    IMG_20190221_182108.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 205