Automatic Digital Tyre Inflator / Deflator

boobook

Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh? Jamec Pem digital inflator.

Jamec Pem Tyre Inflation, Tyre Inflators, Digital Inflators, Digital Automatic Tyre Inflator Handheld

2 preset pressures. For example 24 and 38. It will inflate or deflate to those pressures then beep and stop. (then my compressors will top up the tank and stop). It is even individually calibrated with a certificate to 0.3 PSI. Jamec Pem has a good reputation from what I can see.

Just like one of those new servo inflators but portable. The dimensions look a bit big but not ridiculous. I would be interested to see how much they are. Rechargeable battery and all.

I could dice my ARB inflator and guage that have never been accurate, and my Stauns in one go. I'd like to see one int he flesh.

11803_img1_L.jpg

Reactions: abw

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
They look good mate, all the more reason to hard fix the compressor, and put in a little tank.
Will look them up when I get that job done.

achjimmy

Wow these will be great. Yes your right Jamec pem have an excellent reputation for quality. Most servo and workshop gauges were Jamec Pem for years

boobook

Yeah I can only "beer down" with the stauns. With this thing I could "beer up" while it is inflating too.

Last edited:

Swaggie

I have used one of these for years to pump up¿tyres at home..I've also used there tyre pressure gauge with my ARB compressor to inflate my tyres...

523663_$_35.JPG

3997.jpeg

Servos have a big issue with people knocking these gauges off.....

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
I have used one of these for years to pump up¿tyres at home..

118496_$_35.JPG

Hmmm, where'd that one come from Wanyno ?? :) :D

Got to admit, that's what I was going to get (no, not the servo one, lol :D) when I set up on board with tank, so easy to just use the gauge (they're accurate) and just walk around.
By the time you dick around getting hose around and that, the tank will be aired up for a good blast again.

JC807

I have used one of these for years to pump up¿tyres at home..I've also used there tyre pressure gauge with my ARB compressor to inflate my tyres...

189372_$_35.JPG

I have one of these in my garage, great quality tool.

boobook

I bit the bullet and bought one. I saw one at Repco in Dandenong. They opened the box to show me then gave me a discount to $280 because the box was open LOL.

Love it.

Basically it's a portable version of the auto ones that are at most servos now. Same same functionality but better.

There are 2 preset pressures. Say 18 and 40 PSI. You select one and it will inflate or deflate to that pressure. If you want say 24 PSI you can select 18 then the up button 6 times for 24 PSI, or you can put 24 PSI in the memory very simply. It also has a mode to over inflate then go back to your selected pressure for seating tyres and another over ride to inflate from zero PSI. Also it comes with an individual calibration certificate. Mine is 0.3 PSI out at 30 PSI and 0.5 PSI out at 50 PSI. Got to be happy with that. It has a rechargeable lithium battery - 10 hours of use with auto off & Mini USB re-charger port.

It turns out that the dimensions stated in the website are the box it comes in. It's really only 300 x 100 x 75. A bit bigger than a decent inflator but not too bad.

With the compressor attached, I tried it. Wow this is easy. My 33" tyre was at about 40 so I used 24PSI. The air comes out of a vent on the side. It was about 4 - 5 times quicker than my Stauns ( per tyre) with no screwing around or calibrating and rechecking pressure, and sometimes re-inflating. I had 3 sets of Stauns - 18, 24, 30 but they seem to drift in pressure by about 4 PSI.

It just let air out then stopped and beeped at 24 psi. Same with reinflating. I pushed the other preset and set it back to 40 PSI and it stops and beeped at 40.

Then I removed it from the hose to see how it would work just deflating. No go. It leaks air back into the hose and expects pressure. Damm I will have to have it connected to a working compressor I thought. Then as a test I swapped the Male and female hose connectors over so it stopped the air coming out. Bingo. It worked perfectly as a stand alone auto deflator. I will make up a more permanent solution next week.

It is great, fast, accurate and 100% compatible with having a beer while inflating and deflating, and while laughing at your mates mucking around with various devices. It is also the only accurate way of directly setting pressures higher and lower that I have used. No double checking with a gauge, no re-inflating after the tyres go too low.

It is a bit expensive but not over the top compared to a decent, accurate, calibrated gauge.

My ARB guage that was way out and the stauns are headed for the bin.

This is just too easy. Totally unsupervised, accurate inflating and deflating.

Last edited:

Swaggie

Hi

Be interesting to know how long the lithium battery holds up, especially with it just sitting around between trips , where do you get a replacement and what's the cost ???????? ??.. You'd have to make sure it's charged every trip. I suppose you put it on the list with the Camera batteries, the torch batteries etc...

I reckon the Stauns have always been a P. I. T. A...

Cheers

boobook

They SAY the battery lasts 10 - 15 hours between charges. we'll see. At least I can use my existing USB charging cables to charge it while away.

Yeah I know.....recharging crap. But I love my electronic toys. At least most new stuff is standardising on USB to make it easier these days and I have them sprinkled all over my car and camper. The case has a few screws in it so I think I can take it apart and replace the batteries if they actually die. :eek:

Anyway by the time a battery dies die there will be hundreds of similar products on the market from China that are also smaller for $50 lol.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
I'd rather use a stick to deflate than Stauns - just simpler :D

I'll go out on a limb here, I don't mind my Stauns, I hand 2 to the passenger so we can deflate fairly quickly and get going - not that it's a race but typically it will be either in hot sun or by the Southern Ocean with a very brisk wind, so the less time out of the car the better for us.

I also help others out if in a group to speed up the process

cheers

boobook

Oh Gawd yeah.

There are 3 sets of Stauns in our local tip if you can find them.

I find that I can relax or check other things ( like the fridge :) ) while inflating or deflating, taking a break. It is tons quicker to inflate or deflate. Inflate because you don't have to inflate - stop - inflate - stop - deflate - stop etc, and it deflates quickly. Just set it to go and it beeps at you when ready. it also reads the same as my TPMS.
It is a little big but not too bad. I do also take a small, manual inflator as a back up, and for the air bags. Mind you I have back up compressors and hoses too.
It needs to have the inlet blocked to allow auto deflation. Normally it is connected to the compressor. But I made up a Female to Female nitto so I can deflate without connecting the air hose . It also has the advantage that it fits some portable compressors that have the nittos reversed.
Nearly everyone who has seen it in action goes out and gets one.

Love it.

akin

Cheers that will do me
EBAY here I come seen em for about the $240 mark.
Thanks again
Kingy

boobook

That's a good price. I ended up paying $290 from memory.
Oh, it always goes to the same pressure, whatever you set. I don't think I ever got the same pressure twice from stauns.