AUTEL MS509 Diagnostic Tool.

Lotsogear

Hi All, I have an AUTEL MS509 Vehicle Diagnostic Tool
Burn 09/11/2008
S /W VERSION V2.03
H/W VERSION V1.50
LIB VERSION V2.60
I bought it and it wouldn't work on the Prius, so put it away for years. Got it out for my Daughters Car and the Software Disc was cracked. It will not read. Would anyone out there be able to burn me a Disc? Autel says it is obsolete, and cannot supply one. Thanks, Lotsogear (maybe a little too much)!

typhoeus

I googled your device and there seems to be a lot of info and updates for it. As they say, google is your friend . . . Sometimes .

Triton14

Autel says it is obsolete, and cannot supply one.
For a reason :D

Your probably talking about something that ran on some old windows OS like 98 or even maybe XP.

The thing wouldn't work with todays tech anyway!

Sometime you just have to let things go & upgrade ;)

Lotsogear

I googled your device and there seems to be a lot of info and updates for it. As they say, google is your friend . . . Sometimes .
Yes Typhoeus, they are still putting out updates, but I had not used the Software Disc on the Computer, therefore, I had not set up the Program, and cannot download the updates, if I don't have the basic Software Program loaded onto a device. Just thought someone out there could burn a Disc for me!

Lotsogear

For a reason :D

Your probably talking about something that ran on some old windows OS like 98 or even maybe XP.

The thing wouldn't work with todays tech anyway!

Sometime you just have to let things go & upgrade ;)
No, it was to work on Windows 8-10.
I just didn't set it up when I bought it. Won't make that mistake again!
As you say, bite the bullet and buy a New Item, but would like to get some life out of the MS509. It reads, but there is the updates on the Software, that I cannot access. Cheers!

Swaggie

No, it was to work on Windows 8-10.
I just didn't set it up when I bought it. Won't make that mistake again!
As you say, bite the bullet and buy a New Item, but would like to get some life out of the MS509. It reads, but there is the updates on the Software, that I cannot access. Cheers!
You also need to pay around $1500 bucks every two years for there updates...

Lotsogear

Golly, wasn't aware of that when I purchased it. I will be more selective and on to it on the updates cost for any of those Diagnostic Tools in the future. Thanks Swaggie

Swaggie

Golly, wasn't aware of that when I purchased it. I will be more selective and on to it on the updates cost for any of those Diagnostic Tools in the future. Thanks Swaggie

I know this because a mate just had to renew his..
If it worked on a vehicle without the update you wouldn't need too update. If your working on newer vehicles that's a different story...
People expect him to quickly scan there vehicles for nothing. They don't realise the cost i guess.

Autel Maxisys MS906 One Year Software Update Service Diagnostic Tool $789​

Lotsogear

Cunning buggers! Sucking you into buying the tool in the first place, and holding back on what it would cost you on successive updates. I suppose I should have stuck to my usual thought passage, if it's too good to be true, (buying it at $129.00 initially), buyer beware! You really get little for low cost these days, there is always hidden agendas!

boobook

Cunning buggers! Sucking you into buying the tool in the first place, and holding back on what it would cost you on successive updates. I suppose I should have stuck to my usual thought passage, if it's too good to be true, (buying it at $129.00 initially), buyer beware! You really get little for low cost these days, there is always hidden agendas!
The one you have looks very different from the one Swaggie is talking about, which looks more like a professional unit. I think they are 2 completely different product ranges.