This is just a config file that I made that pulls the maps from various online locationsWhere do you source the maps from?
Totally fabulous! Works a treat. Have just downloaded your. Xml and also downloaded the offline sections of map areas in NSW. Love it. Mich better product than Backcountry Navigator imo which is often unstable. Mega thanks.Hi All,
This is still under development, I have developed a specialised XML config that will make "Locus Maps" load very high quality Digital Topographic Maps from publicly available online map sources and some of these scale down to 10K -- which is extremely high detail.
This is not for everyone, and remember at this stage I will just say it's under development, and this is all my own work, and in no way endorsed by Locus Maps, although they do publish examples on how to make up the config files. If using the these map sources for navigation, please do so at your own risk. Remember at your own risk, I am not going to be responsible if you drive off the end of the earth and disappear out to space..
- Qtopo maps from Queensland Gov
- Topographic Six maps from NSW Gov
- Topographic Vicmaps
- Topographic Tasmania
- SA -- plus some sources for WA and NT
- 250K Topo maps of all of Australia
- plus some other interesting sources
Just a couple of notes before we start, this will not work with Apple Ipads or Iphones, and it's for Android phone and tablets only and it will need a paid for version of "Locus Map Pro" which can be obtained from the Google Play Store https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=menion.android.locus.pro&hl=en and that is selling for $10.99 at this moment: BTW I don't profit in anyway from anyone purchasing Locus Maps etc .. it's all up to yourself, and if you do fork out the $10.99 and none of this works for you, well it ain't my fault. This will take some skill, to make it work, and that would be copying a downloaded file to directory on you tablet or phone, and restarting "Locus Map Pro" application, or even totally restarting the phone or tablet.
If your O.K. with the all above, and don't mind getting a little technically involved with your tablet or phone -- let begin
The full path of the file should be /storage/emulated/0/Locus/mapsOnline/custom/Australian-Locus-maps.xml but there is so may different android devices out there, on some peoples devices the path might look a bit different but basically it got be over to Locus/mapsOnline/custom/Australian-Locus-maps.xml
- Download Australian-Locus-maps.xml file from https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1XU3lBW7QxJ7mM7teLL4arWeJqAd50coi , you can either do that on your phone/tablet or PC (that's the file that I have created)
- This is after a install of "Locus Maps Pro", and confirmed that it is working, copy the file to /storage/emulated/0/Locus/mapsOnline/custom/ on your Phone or tablet.
- Restart the "Locus Maps Pro" -- Might have to totally restart your phone --
What should this look like when it's installed -- and Remember this is for Online Maps
View attachment 58952
On a phone you should see sources looking this or
View attachment 58953
A Tablet looking like this -- Yes you can offline the Maps
And a sneak preview of what the maps look like
View attachment 58951
Enjoy and please do give some feed back.
Thanks for having a look at this, another great source. Only downside is it doesn't show track names..I have created a new XML file that will now scale and has better zoom levels for the NSW Topo maps..
The new XML render some of the best NSW topo maps out there as from NSW SIX Maps.
To install and update.
1. Download Australian-Locus-maps20200118.xml as from https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1UOecHB0iA-STuBeirUlVcj9uuykGwqei
2. This is after a install of "Locus Maps Pro", and confirmed that it is working, copy the file to /storage/emulated/0/Locus/mapsOnline/custom/ on your Phone or tablet.
3. Important: If you have the old version of the file which was called "Australian-Locus-maps.xml" make sure that you delete that from /storage/emulated/0/Locus/mapsOnline/custom/ from your phone or tablet (If you have never installed the old "Australian-Locus-maps.xml" just ship this step)
4. Restart "Locus Maps Pro" -- Might have to totally restart your phone or tablet.
5. Enjoy these great maps
With the hill shading switch on this certainly gives a great result with these NSW Topo maps
View attachment 65825
View attachment 65826