Australia Day 2016

Slartibartfast

4x4 Earth Contributer

80lover96gxl

Jackington are the 2 pommy lads coming over from the eastern states and including this trip as part of their loop tour arent they ??

Slartibartfast

4x4 Earth Contributer
Jackington are the 2 pommy lads coming over from the eastern states and including this trip as part of their loop tour arent they ??
Yeah, that's right.
They actually lobbed into my place last night, which was a bit of a surprise. I had welcomed them previously but was a little surprised when they actually said they were on their way :). Anyway, their good blokes and will most likely head down during the day Friday and Erno and I will catch you all later that evening.

By the way, I think they may have got a little confused about their being two threads as they actually gave their intentions in the other thread but as I said I did meet up with them last night and they are definitely keen to join us for at least the beginning of the trek.

80lover96gxl

Yeah, that's right.
They actually lobbed into my place last night, which was a bit of a surprise. I had welcomed them previously but was a little surprised when they actually said they were on their way :). Anyway, their good blokes and will most likely head down during the day Friday and Erno and I will catch you all later that evening.

By the way, I think they may have got a little confused about their being two threads as they actually gave their intentions in the other thread but as I said I did meet up with them last night and they are definitely keen to join us for at least the beginning of the trek.
Cool, be good to meet em .

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Ok, I'm out too !! . . .

Nah, all packed and ready to roll :)
Leaving southern subs 0900, probably via the workshop at Hackham for 5 minute job, then Piggot Range Rd and via Calrendon, Kanga, Meadows, Strath, Langhorne Ck to Wellington ferry, then down the Princes.

Open to anyone joining me and Anne for the drive down, might be meeting LanaB from Millicent for the drive from Kingston to Wrights Bay camp.
Give me a call on 0412972652 and we'll tee up a time / place to meet.

Lana expressed an interest to join the SA crew, as she will be closer to home perhaps with our timings, not sure if the Vics and Lowlux will be going as far south as us, but they are sounding like they are doing Canunda, so I guess we'll see Fri night / Mon morn.

Jackington

Hi guys, bit late but finally got round to finding this thread. We are heading down to Robe soonish and will probably take a stop or two if theres something nice to see on the way. Looking forward to meeting everyone and getting out in the sand!

Also, huge thanks to Slarti and co for putting us up a couple of nights. Top bloke and a welcome break from sleeping in the dirt.

LanaB

I too was confused about 2 threads for the same trip. I did meet with Les and Ann, fabulous that they invited me to join them. We had an interesting drive from Cape Jaffa to Wrights, but got through ok. So I am hoping to get to meet up with the Vic crew while in the camp or on the track. cheers Lana

KMM4x4

I read on the Internet when there is a Day of Australia. It appears it note annually on January 26.

LanaB

Just a huge shout out to all you guys who made me feel totally welcome. I had a great time, both Friday with Les and Anne, then Saturday with everyone else. I hope I can put some names to faces, BUT, will always be the first to admit, my memory for names is nothing short of attrocious!! I hope you all had as much enjoyment as I did and that the rest of the LWE has been fabulous. A big thank you to Gav for leading, and Brian "Charlie" keeping us all together. If any of you are in or around Millicent anytime, feel totally welcome to pop in for a coffee, just give me a shout out on here if you have time. Cheers, Lana

KMM4x4

Hello dear Australians! I read on the Internet that on January 26 Day of Australia. I should time in Australia, but very much I love this beautiful country and I dream it at least once in life to see. In Australia there are a lot of beautiful and picturesque places. Still that it is pleasant to me, that you developed ore mining industry. Equipment which works in this industry my hobby since the childhood. Still that there is a wish to tell that at you in Australia there live very beautiful girls. Frankly speaking, I am glad will get acquainted with the Australian girl not only on the Internet, but also in real life. My father as spoke to me, he when was single, very much wanted to go to Australia, but at that time the border was closed and departure out of borders of our country was impossible. Already the border is open and it is possible to depart or go where you want, but all this costs expensive. I congratulate you dear Australians. I wish you success in everything and all best.

Yours faithfully Mamikon!