Australia Day 2011

mattyj

Hey guys

I'm planing a 5 day trip starting on the 25th Jan and ending on the 29th Jan.

I have planed to go up to Lithgow, zig-zag, Newnes area for this time.

The trip will be a casual 5 days with lots of things to do and places to see.

I have a run sheet if anyone is interested in coming.

We will be bush camping, so you will need to be completely self-reliant, i am willing to help where i can with stuff, etc. the track in and out is fine for trailers including pop-top caravans

There is a town visit for supplies on morning of day 3 for ice, fuel etc.

If anyone has any ideas of places to visit, things to do etc please let me know

Last edited:

twinstacks

Where would you be camping, because I should be in the area of Zig-Zig on the (19/01..)should be 26/01.:eek: NOT 19/01 :eek:

Last edited:

Vegetoast

free camping up near glow worn tunnel off glow worn tunnel rd

Bugger camping there!! Unless you enjoy the noise of trailbikes. I wouldnt call that bush camping either, I'd call it tip camping with all the crap there, Well thats my thoughts, There are much better places to camp in the area..

mattyj

im more then open for different places if you send my a google link i can check them out

i was up there last month for 3 days and no bikes where we were camping and no rubbish we camp a long way up glow worm tunnel rd and a long way off the track

well one dike who asked for directions lol he had a feed and drink with us then off he went we seen him the next day on the tracks and weren't surprised by his mates attitude to us but he was nice waved said hi etc the rest i could have gladly run over lol

Vegetoast

im more then open for different places if you send my a google link i can check them out

i was up there last month for 3 days and no bikes where we were camping and no rubbish we camp a long way up glow worm tunnel rd and a long way off the track

well one dike who asked for directions lol he had a feed and drink with us then off he went we seen him the next day on the tracks and weren't surprised by his mates attitude to us but he was nice waved said hi etc the rest i could have gladly run over lol

Good luck with the bikes in any State forests on long weekends.
Newnes ruins in the natio would be the place I'd go but you would have to get there early to get a prime spot. About 20-30min from blackfellows.

Newnes, New South Wales - Google Maps

A good chance I'll be there!;)

BGH

Jon,

why dont you guys camp at that Mt Walker part where we started the trip that weekend we went away ?????

still pretty close to where your going to 4wd :D

Vegetoast

Jon,

why dont you guys camp at that Mt Walker part where we started the trip that weekend we went away ?????

still pretty close to where your going to 4wd :D

Yeah Ernie, not shore what we're doin yet but I dont want to camp near trail bikes. cant stand the *******s! different story if I'm riding it though...lol

brett80

Let me know what day you are going out John,

I will have my Diff gears back in this week and should be good for a run :p

Zukiman

I may be in the Newnes area frim the wednesday, if i can convince the minister for war and finance. We were planning a trip out past bathurst but looks like we wil be sticking closer to home.

Let me know what you are planning and what channels you will be on and see if we can meet up, or at least stop by for a beer. :)

Vegetoast

Let me know what day you are going out John,

I will have my Diff gears back in this week and should be good for a run :p

Yeah no worries, I'm havin a hard time getting dates out of work. All that rain before and after chrissy has really pushed us back.

Have you been off the road all this time?

mattyj

guys i run channel 27 but scan all the time lol just call for ace (not cause im good etc but cause i drive a Hi ACE lol)

Stilllookin

A reasonably quiet area to camp up on the Newnes Plateau is at S33 20.763' E150 17.333'. It is between the two Deep Pass tracks and only sees a small of Motor Cycle traffic from time to time and some of the more series 4WDers. Check it out on Google Earth and see if that is what you want.

ferozious

My favourite campground out at Newnes when we go canyoning in that area, well away from any of the motorbikes, amoungst gum trees, but with no plum trees:

• Head out along Glowworm Tunnel Rd
  • Turn right onto Waratah Ridge Rd,
  • Head all the way out (past two Trees Rd turnoff) until you reach a 4 way intersection with Waratah Ridge Rd continuing straight as a much narrower track.
  • Turn right at this 4 way intersection.
  • You follow an old slightly overgrown track for around 1.5kms right out to the end and a spectacular panoramic viewpoint over Bungleboori Creek, Wilderness area.

Only problem is the ground is hard, and not much room for more than two tents, but if you've got rooftop tents or anything like that then its fine.

Last edited: