Change background image

Arnhem Land

Discussion in 'Tracks Discussion' started by gmcclena2009, Nov 18, 2018.

1. gmcclena2009

gmcclena2009 Member

Hi all. Heading to Arnhem Land next May. Would like to know if a Toyota Rav 4 would be capable of doing the trip up the central Arnhem Rd. towing a camper trailer. I realise that it will be early after the wet season so could base info on this years road conditions. Can any one also recommend some camps out of Nhulunbuy. Looking at Little beach or Macassans beach area. All info on Arnhem Land will be helpful. Thanks

2. itlldoo

itlldoo Well-Known Member

would change almost daily i would think but looks ok !

3. itlldoo

itlldoo Well-Known Member

or this one ;)

4. muzza22au

muzza22au Well-Known Member

I have done alot of Arnhem land, and you can get most places with a 2 wheel drive providing it hasn't rained. The road to Nhulunbuy is very good most of the year, except the wet it can get washed out and flooded. If you check the NT Road Report website https://roadreport.nt.gov.au/home they keep up to date information there.

5. Bigfish1

Bigfish1 Member

Spent many years in Arnhem Land. You,ll have no worries with your rig. New bridges over the rivers make it super easy. Just take your time, adjust tyre pressure and watch out for idiots coming towards you and cutting corners. You,ll need permits for camping at various places. Probably best to check at the land council for more info. Ensure you have booked in advance at where you will be staying before you head off. Prices will be exxy but thats to be expected. May will be cool but the south easterlies will be starting so camping on the beach sites could be blowy. Take note of the grog rules and dont camp illegally. You,ll have a great time as their are some magic places.