Are we being spied on?

discomatt

I would be more concerned about the new laws the government is sneaking through while everyone is distracted that allows AFP and other government authorities to access any and all tech and programs then modify and monitor or even send emails with your account in any way they see fit.
Being censored and monitored is stepping up to a whole new level but the sheeple live in bliss totally unaware and ignorant

boobook

I would be more concerned about the new laws the government is sneaking through while everyone is distracted that allows AFP and other government authorities to access any and all tech and programs then modify and monitor or even send emails with your account in any way they see fit.
Being censored and monitored is stepping up to a whole new level but the sheeple live in bliss totally unaware and ignorant

Can you please point to something credible that confirms those laws are coming, or have come into place? Laws can not come into place secretly as far as I am aware.

discomatt

I will try and find it again, its buried deep in government propaganda and BS.
Sometimes I feel I need to add links and post every single bit of reading I do while locked in my cage just to keep others happy

boobook

I will try and find it again, its buried deep in government propaganda and BS.
Sometimes I feel I need to add links and post every single bit of reading I do while locked in my cage just to keep others happy

If you make claims like that, then you do need to back it up for it to be taken at all seriously.

It is common to show some credible evidence, and many people on this forum do that. People will go by the member's track record otherwise. :-(

Last edited:

discomatt

If you make claims like that, then you do need to back it up for it to be taken at all seriously.

It is common to show some credible evidence, and many people on this forum do that. People will go by the member's track record otherwise. :-(
OK, I will give you 24 hours to do your own research, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands even though you seem to feel the need to hide your online statues here.
I will go and have some more peanuts;)

CTL

Haha, no “sneaking”. Everything is there for the public to read as per your link here

One very important word to remember in this discussion “warrant”

Kippie

Haha, no “sneaking”. Everything is there for the public to read as per your link here

One very important word to remember in this discussion “warrant”
Our laws have inbuilt protections to prevent government's abusing them. However, who holds the government to account when they flaunt those provisions? The opposition and senate I hear you say. But that has not improved accountability at all. In fact the current government ignores all directions given to them if it doesn't suit them. And that is dangerous.

Albynsw

Our laws have inbuilt protections to prevent government's abusing them. However, who holds the government to account when they flaunt those provisions? The opposition and senate I hear you say. But that has not improved accountability at all. In fact the current government ignores all directions given to them if it doesn't suit them. And that is dangerous.

Laura Tingle :rolleyes:

CTL

Kippie

What's your point if the executive ignores the law?

Albynsw

Whats wrong with Laura, she asks the hard hitting questions and often makes politician squirm

Yes true but she doesn’t hide her political alliances either.
Can’t remember what it was a couple of months back where she misrepresented/ reported an item that was proven incorrect but couldn’t bring herself to admit it or apologise.
I rather you just take it on the chin and maintain some credibility

boobook

OK, I will give you 24 hours to do your own research, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands even though you seem to feel the need to hide your online statues here.
I will go and have some more peanuts;)

What the hell are you talking about?

You are concerned about surveillance and in the same breath stalking me? And you are paranoid that I hide my online status? OH MY GOD!

Mate, I wouldn't even know if that can be done. And BTW I don't jump your deadlines to prove your posts or not. Your track record speaks for its self.

As to the law, it seems to have passed parliament, in the open, with readings, proposed and accepted amendments from the greens and opposition and passed by both houses of Parliament. The first reading was in December 2020.

So where is it being sneaked though?

I think you are getting obsessed and paranoid about these things. You even imagine people hiding their online status.

For the record, I will use Earth when I want where I want, and my status is available for anyone to see. I don't need your permission.

Who is sneakily monitoring and doing servailence?

Well at least I know I am being spied on, and by who.

Last edited: