Are all leaf springs equal?

poite91

So are all leaf springs equal? If not what do you look for when buying leaf springs?

I have a Mazda bravo and have changed my shocks over now I'm looking around at leaf springs and I'm trying to work out what's the pros and cons of each company.

Thanks Pete.

muc the truck

You should buy springs with Teflon liners betewwn each leaf. This makes them more flexible to the terrain wich aids traction and quiet too. Dobinson are still Australian made steel and made here too , BUy aussie made not aussie designed twain made . The single biggest thing you should do is under rate the rear springs if you never carry the payload ratting . This will give you a softer ride but also more traction because a wheel will venture into the air LESS OFTEN .
The worst thing you should be doing is fitting heavy duty springs as this reduces traction as a wheel will venture into the air MORE OFTEN .

Buxter

OK so who, makes them, and do they make tapered springs for a 79 series Landcruiser ?

Do they do a 350kg constant load ?

Buxter

I am leaning for Dobinson, or Lovell.
I will go have a look at Ride Pro, as I had them on our D22 Navara, and found them really good.
I think from memory they were made in Canada, but probably China these days

poite91

The tapered leaf springs are a great idea but I don't know where I could get them from in SA and for my ute.

I have been looking hard at EFS and Dobinson as they do a 35mm leaf springs for my ute and I have torsion bars in the front that I only want to lift by 30mm to keep a good cv angle.