ARB underbody protection Auto MUX

Pikey mux

Hi just wondering if anyone has fitted ABR underbody protection to their auto MUX?
I am fitting this weekend and opened the box with fitting instructions saying its for a manual dmax. I called the store and they said it would fit fine but long story short the last plate in the kit wont fit.

Looks like the auto transmition is longer than the manual and the transmition cross member is different as a result. (exactly what I mentioned on the phone). Brackets wont line up ect ect.

If someone has this fitted up ill persevere with ARB otherwise ill just return the kit. They might have just sent the wrong parts.

Also any suggestions of an alternative brand? I have an ARB bulbar and recovery points which is the reason I wanted to stick with ARB gear right the way through. But happy to try something else if the ARB gear doesn't work out.

Cheers, Stew

Tink

THey sent you the wrong kit. Give ARB head office a call on Monday and complain strongly. Most ARB oulets are franchised indepenents.
Tink

phs

Hi just wondering if anyone has fitted ABR underbody protection to their auto MUX?
I am fitting this weekend and opened the box with fitting instructions saying its for a manual dmax. I called the store and they said it would fit fine but long story short the last plate in the kit wont fit.

Looks like the auto transmition is longer than the manual and the transmition cross member is different as a result. (exactly what I mentioned on the phone). Brackets wont line up ect ect.

If someone has this fitted up ill persevere with ARB otherwise ill just return the kit. They might have just sent the wrong parts.

Also any suggestions of an alternative brand? I have an ARB bulbar and recovery points which is the reason I wanted to stick with ARB gear right the way through. But happy to try something else if the ARB gear doesn't work out.

Cheers, Stew
From past experience, you are best going back through your point of purchase to have it sorted out, but definetly worth ringing ARB Kilsyth Vic, Ask if there underbody protection kits vary for Man / auto and get the product number for the auto.

You can cross reference against what you have and pass the info onto the supplier

Pikey mux

Good advice, they are getting the auto kit in for me but I will definitely ring the head office and confirm part correct part numbers prior !
Cheers,
Stew

phs

I'll take a stab in the dark and say Brown Davis would do a kit and I recon Bush skin would too

Mud_x

Stick with the ARB underbody protection as it integrates properly with the ARB bull bar and recovery point. I've had mine fitted for over two years, fitted without any issue taking approx one hour to fit. Works well as it's taken a few hits. My vechile is an auto so if yours doesn't fit they must have provided the wrong part number.