Approval granted for O'tooles Shelter

prawns

Great "old school" style chimney I reckon - Quite a beautiful design really :)
That style design should look a treat I think and suit its location nicely :)

Nicho

That was done quick..Looks like Flats track in the third pick in the background up the hill..Nicho's favorite track...lol

:eek::eek::):);):D

Sure is Swaggie cain't wait to hit it all again .
I am available to help out almost anyday you reqire .
Cheers
Nicho

Grumpy

Was up there again today taking measurements for fireplace and working out a few other things like where to get slate from for the floor, will be setting a date for a working bee in late June to get slate and plant some more trees as well as closing in a couple of the side walls around the fireplace. also concreteing in the tables and some other stuff, so at this stage looking at last weekend in June.

Swaggie

Was up there again today taking measurements for fireplace and working out a few other things like where to get slate from for the floor, will be setting a date for a working bee in late June to get slate and plant some more trees as well as closing in a couple of the side walls around the fireplace. also concreteing in the tables and some other stuff, so at this stage looking at last weekend in June.

Should be snowing by then...:eek::eek:

Digger1982

Hey mate are you going up this weekend by any chance?

Grumpy

Thanks knackers good to hear you are still in the land of the living, how are things going with you. hope to catch up sometime.

Grumpy

Yeh spewing about that! Can anyone get into O tooles or do you have to have a permit of some sort?

All I can say is some are going in but understand if it turns pear shaped it's on your own back. All roads are marked as closed on DSE site.

Knackers

Thanks knackers good to hear you are still in the land of the living, how are things going with you. hope to catch up sometime.

Hi Grumpy, yep still in the land of the living, going ok, I just don't get out and about without the 80 these days but do hope to catch up one day.

I hadn't realised O'tools was as bad as that after the fires and the trees from the original working bees gone but it's great to have new ones donated. It was a good call to use steel bollards!!!

Cheers
Knackers

Grumpy

Knackers easy to replace a few trees, all in all the area certainly looks very different and many old ruins and rock walls(Bridal paths) stand out. Some of the hills will probably not see growth back on them for years.

Grumpy

Update, a few members (limited this time) still room for a couple more hands, are going to O'Tooles this weekend to lay the slab for the fireplace and do some setup work for the working bee now planned for the last weekend in June 28th 29th and 30th when we as a group will be getting slate for the floor, planting trees, repainting posts and hopefully closing in some of the gazebo sides along with placing the tables maybe. Please show your interest below for this working bee. I may have to limit numbers if we have a huge rush on helpers as you may understand the area is still closed to the public. weather permitting of course, cheers

Last edited:

Grumpy

Please we no longer require bricks as Jok (traveller) has managed to swing into action and has arranged for 3000 bricks to be kindly donated by Boral Bricks to be delivered to Erica, what a top effort by Jok and also many thanks must go to Boral and especially Rohan from Boral. cheers

Last edited:

Swaggie

Please we no longer require bricks as Jok (traveller) has managed to swing into action and has arranged for 3000 bricks to be kindly donated by Boral Bricks to be delivered to Erica, what a top effort by Jok and also many thanks must go to Boral and especiallt Rohan from Boral. cheers

That's Kool Jok and thanks Borat.... :)

Bloody predictive text, thanks to Boral...

Last edited by a moderator:

Neddysmith

What great progress, looking out to making it down to give a hand if i have time and you need it, else will have to wait till the area reopens to the public.