Approval granted for O'tooles Shelter

Grey Ghost

4x4 Earth Contributer
Well finally some good news especially after the recent fires in the area, the shelter(Gazebo) for Otooles has finally been approved and the wheels have been set in motion by Suzette and Noel from DSE to order and set a date for the erection of the Gazebo.
I will be setting a date as soon as I can to have a working bee there to build and finish the Gazebo along with painting the bollards and planting of trees and whatever else is required to bring the camping ground back to it's best along with the new additions.
I trust when the date is set I can once again count on members to assist with the proposed weekend. cheers

Great news. I was wondering what was going to happen after the strategic ground clearing operations in the area recently.
As long as I know with enough warning I'm still in mate.
But I'm camping a long way away from Wayne.....:eek:

Swaggie

Great news. I was wondering what was going to happen after the strategic ground clearing operations in the area recently.
As long as I know with enough warning I'm still in mate.
But I'm camping a long way away from Wayne.....:eek:

Oh don't be like that mate,buddy,friend...lol

bubba

O'Tooles erection

Hi Grumpy

If I am around on the date you set the working bee, I will come along and lend a hand.
Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Bubba

Grumpy

The latest update is that the Gazebo was to be erected on Saturday the 27th and further works will be done on it prior to the opening of the area which still remains an unknown, I will be going up again on Monday to see where they are at and provided I can gain permission again to the area, there are several trees that need replacing but apart from that O'Tooles has survived well, the wooden toilet is not there anymore but one would expect that, I can tell you all one thing and that is the fires certainly have done alot of damage but it has also uncovered some interesting stuff as well so when you next venture that way be sure to keep your eyes open.
I just hope that the senseless acts of vandalisium done by the minority does not happen with the gazebo, surveylance camera's are operating in the area and that should help deter offenders.
I will give another report after I visit the area, hopefully tommorrow. cheers

fzj80truck

Was in there on Saturday on the way to the burgoynes was good to see the boys there working on the gazebo. Such a shame to see all the huts burnt down. We stayed at jorgensons drove Donnellys creek then down Burgoyne's gap track to the hut down there which has also been damaged although not as bad as some of the others.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Grumpy

Was in there on Saturday on the way to the burgoynes was good to see the boys there working on the gazebo. Such a shame to see all the huts burnt down. We stayed at jorgensons drove Donnellys creek then down Burgoyne's gap track to the hut down there which has also been damaged although not as bad as some of the others.

Not sure if you are aware of it but the whole area is closed to the public and some who have done damage to their rigs (Written off) have had claims for repairs rejected, be aware there are also fines involved if caught in the area without a permit, cheers

Grumpy

So you all wanted picture of the Gazebo at O'Tooles so here they are, also just had 100 trees donated to the cause.

Attachments

• P4290211.JPG
    P4290211.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 148
  • P4290214.JPG
    P4290214.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
  • P4290223.JPG
    P4290223.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 130

prawns

Looks awesome - Top effort guys what a great result for everybody to use :)

Even got a bit of advertising for the website there I notice - nice work :D

fzj80truck

Not sure if you are aware of it but the whole area is closed to the public and some who have done damage to their rigs (Written off) have had claims for repairs rejected, be aware there are also fines involved if caught in the area without a permit, cheers

We had no idea are you talking about just o tooles or the whole area? Thanks for the heads up I had no idea that the area was closed. Saw plenty of people in and around the area and various campsites. But yeah like I said we had no idea. Would have stayed away if we have known

Swaggie

So you all wanted picture of the Gazebo at O'Tooles so here they are, also just had 100 trees donated to the cause.

That was done quick..Looks like Flats track in the third pick in the background up the hill..Nicho's favorite track...lol

:eek::eek::):);):D

Grumpy

We had no idea are you talking about just o tooles or the whole area? Thanks for the heads up I had no idea that the area was closed. Saw plenty of people in and around the area and various campsites. But yeah like I said we had no idea. Would have stayed away if we have known

No probs just trying to give members the ability to decide for themselves weather to risk it or not, I spent the day myself driving lots of the tracks but I had the ranger sitting in the co-pilots seat, 1 bloke in a brand new nissan patrol had it go up in flames on him on Bridal track and the insurance company refused his claim totally.
Have a look at the DSE website for road closures.

Grumpy

Hi to all I am currently speaking with DSE regarding completion of the Gazebo and O'tooles camping ground in general and here is where we are at to date.
We are looking towards the end of June for a working bee to complete the works as the money granted must be spent by then.
We are looking at getting a fireplace and chimney built to add to the gazebo and a picture of the design is below.

What I require is a considerable number of red housebricks so at this stage if you have some you no longer need and feel you would like to donate them and can get them to O'tooles please do a quick count and let me know.

Also looking at removing the current fire pits and putting in brick and concrete circles that you may have seen elsewhere so bricks will also be required for them, they can be any type of house bricks at this stage.

Attachments

• SKMBT_C28013041009040.pdf
    338.7 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Swaggie

Hi to all I am currently speaking with DSE regarding completion of the Gazebo and O'tooles camping ground in general and here is where we are at to date.
We are looking towards the end of June to complete the works as the money granted must be spent by then.
We are looking at getting a fireplace and chimney built to add to the gazebo and a picture of the design is below.

What I require is a considerable number of red housebricks so at this stage if you have some you no longer need and feel you would like to donate them and can get them to O'tooles please do a quick count and let me know.

Crikey that's one mean mother of a Chimney Grumps.. :eek::);)

Grumpy

Yeah a little bit special hey! If you enlarge it to 100 you will get a much better idea of the size.

Last edited: