Approval granted for O'tooles Shelter

Angeloioc

Can you give me the best gps position of the shelter when completed? I will add it to open street maps for you all. Or you can just give me an aerial image with a dot on it to mark the spot, same same but different.

PAJ

Hey guys, more than happy to come out and help. Let me know the dates, can bring a saw, 2k geni and some hard labour :) might be able to con the FIL and BIL's into helping as well if you give me enough time with the dates. I work nightshift so would be up there early fri morning and have to leave sun morning.

Grumpy

Hi guys been away over Roscoe and Kyle's side of town to see how they cope without the high country, hopefully will find time this week to catch up with Noel, Cheers

Grumpy

OK spoke with Noel and Suzette from DSE today about shelter, it was to be a 6metre x 3metre rectangular shelter but I suggested that a rotunda style would be more appropriate for the area and they agreed so now we are looking at an 8 metre gazebo type shelter with sides on the west side to be enclosed and a fire place and two sets of tables and chair setups along with a concrete floor, when I find out more I will keep you informed, Cheers

Swaggie

I suggested that a rotunda style would be more appropriate for the area and they agreed so now we are looking at an 8 metre gazebo type shelter with sides on the west side to be enclosed and a fire place and two sets of tables and chair setups along with a concrete floor, when I find out more I will keep you informed, Cheers

Good on ya Mate Fantastic Idea..:);)

4X4

OK spoke with Noel and Suzette from DSE today about shelter, it was to be a 6metre x 3metre rectangular shelter but I suggested that a rotunda style would be more appropriate for the area and they agreed so now we are looking at an 8 metre gazebo type shelter with sides on the west side to be enclosed and a fire place and two sets of tables and chair setups along with a concrete floor, when I find out more I will keep you informed, Cheers

I know where Jok will be setting up his swag. :p;)

Swaggie

Can you give me the best gps position of the shelter when completed? I will add it to open street maps for you all. Or you can just give me an aerial image with a dot on it to mark the spot, same same but different.

Yeah mate i will organise it for you...:);)

Grumpy

Hi all, may have a little hitch with proceedings at the moment that could hold things up for a spell, but I will not go into it at this stage, hang in there and I will keep all informed as something happens.

Last edited:

Flamin Strides

Hi Grumpy, im keen depending on when it goes ahead. Ill watch this thread with interest.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Grumpy

Well finally some good news especially after the recent fires in the area, the shelter(Gazebo) for Otooles has finally been approved and the wheels have been set in motion by Suzette and Noel from DSE to order and set a date for the erection of the Gazebo.
I will be setting a date as soon as I can to have a working bee there to build and finish the Gazebo along with painting the bollards and planting of trees and whatever else is required to bring the camping ground back to it's best along with the new additions.
I trust when the date is set I can once again count on members to assist with the proposed weekend. cheers

Swaggie

Well finally some good news especially after the recent fires in the area, the shelter(Gazebo) for Otooles has finally been approved and the wheels have been set in motion by Suzette and Noel from DSE to order and set a date for the erection of the Gazebo.
I will be setting a date as soon as I can to have a working bee there to build and finish the Gazebo along with painting the bollards and planting of trees and whatever else is required to bring the camping ground back to it's best along with the new additions.
I trust when the date is set I can once again count on members to assist with the proposed weekend. cheers

That's great news mate,hopefully I can make it to the Erection day......

prawns

That's great news mate,hopefully I can make it to the Erection day......

Only with those blue tablets Swaggie :D - But im not sure if the rest of the guys helping out will run for the hills once they see you exit your 4wd wearing shorts and ready for action :D :D

Grumpy

Great to see you still have your sense of humour prawns and too right we may all be watching our backs if that were to happen. lol

prawns

Just ordered some off some spam i received,well there blue anyway....:eek::eek::eek: lmao

Just remember, if your boobs start to get bigger or if you have an appetite for salads and begin to enjoy shopping - its possibly womens hormone replacement therapy tablets you have been taking :D

If you find out you no longer require a jack to lift your vehicle off the ground, then its probably steroids

If you figure out you can now pick your nose without using any of your fingers - then you struck gold :D :D

Last edited by a moderator: