Anyone for pizza

Colly18

Prior to catching the first couple episodes a few weeks ago (apparently a rerun of a couple year old series I missed), I was a sceptic; thinking, "It just won't be the same as the original series due to all the political correctness in the media these days." To my pleasant surprise the show was just like it used to be. Pauly always so misunderstood.
I really enjoyed Paul Fenechs series Bogan Hunters, as well.

Albynsw

I am glad they get away with it as I am all for anything that is not politically correct but it is almost like there are double standards going on.

Do you think a cast of only Anglo Saxons would get away with do that show?

Rusty Panels

Shows like Paul Hogan, Benny Hill and many others would be banned for being politically incorrect nowadays. But, if your part of a minority group anything goes. The fact that these programs go to air at all shows how the moral codes have declined. Don't get me wrong I also enjoy watching a lot of this crude content but, I believe it should have a later time slot like they used to be required to have for this type of entertainment. It used to be targeted at the adult viewers but now its aimed at everyone including the kids.

When we come up with this type of entertainment we're Racist when they come up with it they're not only given government grants but their work is considered an art form.

Colly18

Shows like Paul Hogan, Benny Hill and many others would be banned for being politically incorrect nowadays. But, if your part of a minority group anything goes. The fact that these programs go to air at all shows how the moral codes have declined. Don't get me wrong I also enjoy watching a lot of this crude content but, I believe it should have a later time slot like they used to be required to have for this type of entertainment. It used to be targeted at the adult viewers but now its aimed at everyone including the kids.

When we come up with this type of entertainment we're Racist when they come up with it they're not only given government grants but their work is considered an art form.
I agree on getting time-slots appropriate for adult viewing. I suspect it is a bit of a lost cause these days with every second kid having smart phone access and probably more 'flexible' waking hours than some of us where allowed? (Well, that's how it often seems to me). But the world is a changing place and we must adapt to change, or life may become pretty miserable if we get bogged down in every right or wrong, as we see it. I know it seems a bit strange that people of certain ethnic/race origins can say a lot about their own kind, but others of a different heritage will get in all sorts of strife if they make the same comments or observations. That's just the way society, political correctness (and I suspect our laws?) have evolved. I'm not saying I agree, but I can/must live with it.

Rusty Panels

I agree on getting time-slots appropriate for adult viewing. I suspect it is a bit of a lost cause these days with every second kid having smart phone access and probably more 'flexible' waking hours than some of us where allowed? (Well, that's how it often seems to me). But the world is a changing place and we must adapt to change, or life may become pretty miserable if we get bogged down in every right or wrong, as we see it. I know it seems a bit strange that people of certain ethnic/race origins can say a lot about their own kind, but others of a different heritage will get in all sorts of strife if they make the same comments or observations. That's just the way society, political correctness (and I suspect our laws?) have evolved. I'm not saying I agree, but I can/must live with it.
I think the problem is that 4 letter words that were never spoken when I was a kid are a normal and accepted part of the language nowadays and the protection that parents used to provide to the kids no longer exists.

Albynsw

I think the problem is that 4 letter words that were never spoken when I was a kid are a normal and accepted part of the language nowadays and the protection that parents used to provide to the kids no longer exists.

Those 4 letter words are now just part of the English language and not deemed offensive anymore. Even our little dear Gladys said shit the other day in her press conference

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I saw the show the other night and me and the missus laughed our heads off. Growing up as a Wog ,Mum runnin A boarding house with,Yugoes, Ities, Spivs, Croats, Skips, Hungarians, Krouts, etc. were some of the best times of my life.
The mateship and the fun and the trouble we got into and me being a naive teenager, I will never forget. After a few beers, a couple of barneys, a shake of hands and we were all mates again.
To see some of the crap today makes me sad and really angry.
I came here as a little kid and my Mum taught me to be a true blue.

Petunia

Pizza, Houso's, Swift and Shift.

Reg, ya monga!:D I wasn't paying attention,but, I thought they changed Ronny McDoggle?

Corndoggy

Does anyone know if Swift and Shi_t has changed their name. I'm certain I've had some of their delivery drivers deliver parcels to me lately.

muffin man

I am glad they get away with it as I am all for anything that is not politically correct but it is almost like there are double standards going on.

Do you think a cast of only Anglo Saxons would get away with do that show?
Not a chance