Another one that makes me scratch my head

Aza013

We need a facepalm emoji in the liked area.
he only needed a little push on the trailer break and all would be good.
what would have been better though would have been to just sit back and chill behind the cars, why ppl have to rush around all the time.

aids84

I've driven that road many times in a line of traffic stuck behind some oblivious person going 20-30 km below the speed limit, I'm surprised there haven't been more accidents like this. Since it was fully sealed about 10 years ago it has become the rat race between Canberra and the Shoalhaven, it need a couple of overtaking lanes put in.

Doesn't excuse the driver in the video, a little bit of patience would have seen him enjoying his holiday a bit more.

typhoeus

That turned out to be an expensive mistake. Surely that trailer would have given warning signs long before that happened? . " she'll be right, mate" strikes again.

cam04

We need a facepalm emoji in the liked area.
he only needed a little push on the trailer break and all would be good.
what would have been better though would have been to just sit back and chill behind the cars, why ppl have to rush around all the time.
I can almost guarantee a boat that size would be on an override disk brake trailer. No button to press unfortunately.

Colly18

We are in the I want it now generation.
No patience.
No manners.
No common courtesy.
No common sense.
Me me me me.
Harsh, but this often appears factual! (Sorry, fake news! We have alternative facts now! :)) But wait there's more, the baby boomers are all to blame!

Peder888

Harsh, but this often appears factual! (Sorry, fake news! We have alternative facts now! :)) But wait there's more, the baby boomers are all to blame!
Yep....we are "rich" (inherited at that)...and "privileged" and "lucky" in life......well, no, of course ...but we definitely lived in the very best decades of the free world imho..and I aint rich or lucky or privileged

mikehzz

I read about that incident. The boat actually slipped back on the trailer causing the weight to be out of balance. It doesn't excuse anything he did though. People driving trailers and trucks like they're racing cars are idiots.

JAFO

once apon a time . . . 90klm/h was the maximum speed you could do towing, now it seems to be as fast as you think it is safe for your car to do,

Scary thing to have caravans, trailers with Dingo's on them, and boats pass you by on the freeway while you are sitting on 115klm/h

Triton14

Mate no offence but I have watched nearly every one of these YouTube's before & during covid(yes to much time on my hands), the Aussie ones, the Russian ones, the Chinese ones, the USA ones.

Don't get me wrong I think highlighting stupidly is probably a good thing but you could post 10 of these a day here & not make a dent in what is out there.
We all have access to YouTube.

Just saying

Last edited:

cam04

I read about that incident. The boat actually slipped back on the trailer causing the weight to be out of balance. It doesn't excuse anything he did though. People driving trailers and trucks like they're racing cars are idiots.
I’ve had that happen with a cruisecraft I owned. The winch strap snapped and the boat worked its way backwards (only 200 - 250mm) under the rear strap until the safety chain took up (multi roller trailer). I felt the difference through the steering wheel of the landcruiser as the trailer started to yaw a bit. Having an outboard motor way out the back is a great way to demonstrate double pendulum effect.

Bigfish1

I’ve had that happen with a cruisecraft I owned. The winch strap snapped and the boat worked its way backwards (only 200 - 250mm) under the rear strap until the safety chain took up (multi roller trailer). I felt the difference through the steering wheel of the landcruiser as the trailer started to yaw a bit. Having an outboard motor way out the back is a great way to demonstrate double pendulum effect.

I always use a turnbauckle as well fitted to any boat /trailer combination I tow. Tensioned right you,ll never have the boat move.

It looked like a reckless and stupid overtake to me unless the speed was much slower than it looked in the vid.

Although I have towed some of the biggest vans interstates for a mate in his Land Cruiser, I am not a fan of towing my own rig unless the car weight is enough to make it comfortable.
If the load is too much, you just don't even think about doing stunts like that, and highly unlikely he was the type to do the mods and safety improvements to the rig.
More the buy it and drive it like you stole it modern way of thinking type, I would bet on.

Decca

Am wondering if the boat starts to lift its bow as speed (and airflow) gets higher.. It wouldn't matter how secure or loose the boat is on the trailer.. weight will be shifted rearwards ????

Irregardless of loading.. the driver was reckless. Dashcam records speed at 103 - 104kmh. Boat must have been going close to 120.

Am wondering if the boat starts to lift its bow as speed (and airflow) gets higher.. It wouldn't matter how secure or loose the boat is on the trailer.. weight will be shifted rearwards ????

Irregardless of loading.. the driver was reckless. Dashcam records speed at 103 - 104kmh. Boat must have been going close to 120.

Wouldn't think so with a big rig like that on a modern factory trailer unless as Big fish said.

Most likely just his steering correction while flooring it, the trailer was near the edge of the road just before the sway started.

A loose wheel bearing did it to me and it was as scary as a tank slapper.
Traded the LJ Torana for a GXL Fairmont with 4wdisks, a 9" LSD, and a V8 Cleavo.
Fixed my towing problems as the trailer should have had brakes for the heavy little Haines half cab.
Was prob illegal in the later years but had a brakes exempt plate on the old Tinker trailer.