Another one bites the dust.

mikehzz

You don't get to be Premier unless you are one tough savvy bugger, especially if you're a woman. To say she didn't know what was going on with the guy she was sleeping with is pretty unbelievable in my opinion because it paints her as stupid, which she clearly isn't.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
When you work in a position of power no matter what job or what level, you always come across people who try and use you for their benefit.
The hard part is how you deal with it and then if you get to close to someone it is difficult.
As I have always said, their are no friends in business.

Last edited:

Albynsw

You don't get to be Premier unless you are one tough savvy bugger, especially if you're a woman. To say she didn't know what was going on with the guy she was sleeping with is pretty unbelievable in my opinion because it paints her as stupid, which she clearly isn't.
Yes agree but she has clearly acknowledged that she made a huge mistake in her personal life. No doubt she regrets what transpired and I would like to think she made a mistake rather than being intentionally devious like her ex was.

Toyasaurus

Correct me if I`m wrong but when asked about pork barrelling,
Didn`t she say "well everybody does it".

On the other hand, the political system in this country is so far beyond FUBAR it`s a joke.

Albynsw

Correct me if I`m wrong but when asked about pork barrelling,
Didn`t she say "well everybody does it".

On the other hand, the political system in this country is so far beyond FUBAR it`s a joke.

That is how it rolls, they all do deals with the independents etc to get their vote. It is standard fair across the board.

synchro1

Remember the actual public inquiry into her has not actually begun yet and she may turn out to be completely innocent.

HOWEVER she did not have to resign and could have just stood aside and if exonerated (as Neville Wran was all those years back) come back as Premier. However she did resign - I suspect she knows she will not be exonerated as she knows what she did was wrong and it will all come out, so fell on her sword early.

John U

That is how it rolls, they all do deals with the independents etc to get their vote. It is standard fair across the board.
Negotiation on policy is what all politicians should be doing.
Making big donations with public money to get a representative a different outcome is a corruption of the democratic process and should be prosecuted whoever did it and wherever it was done. This why independent government bodies are so important when making these decisions.
My local member should get their hat handed to them at the next election for the car Park rorts, but they won’t. I witnessed it first hand when they turned up at my local scout group for a ‘contribution’ to the group, used it for a photo op, & immediately pissed off. Didn’t even stay for a couple of questions from the kids on what it was like representing our area in Canberra.

Corruption of the political process is acceptable by a large proportion of the population. It has a negative impact on everything.

Last edited:

Lost1?

If it was a bloke who had a relationship with a woman who was up to something dodgy there would be some tut, tut commentary and everyone would move on. Not so for a woman in politics. Wouldn't be surprised if the boys club were dirty she didn't pander to their egos.

I work in an alpha Male dominated workplace and have worked for some exceptional women in that area. You still hear derogatory comments from the insecure man child when consistently out performed by a woman.

I tell them if they did a better job we wouldn't be having that type of conversation.

Rusty Panels

I prefer the innocent till proven guilty method. Not assumed guilty then proven innocent because it never seems to come out the right way!

John U

I prefer the innocent till proven guilty method. Not assumed guilty then proven innocent because it never seems to come out the right way!
Did Glad make the early judgement by resigning? No one made her resign Rusty. She made the choice herself. Now that I think of it though, when she was asked about pork barrelling her response was 'everyone does it'.

mikehzz

ICAC has the taped phone calls and texts between her and Maguire. It seems they're significant. Time will tell.

Lost1?

Did Glad make the early judgement by resigning? No one made her resign Rusty. She made the choice herself. Now that I think of it though, when she was asked about pork barrelling her response was 'everyone

Pretty much how every political party has been elected for 100+ years in this country. There is a long history of atrocious examples on both sides. There is a reason some only vote for independents.

John U

‘ Pretty much how every political party has been elected for 100+ years in this country. There is a long history of atrocious examples on both sides. There is a reason some only vote for independents.’

It is worse now than I have ever seen it. The majority of the media stating ICAC is at fault, and Gladys is great, is a solid indicator of how deep in trouble Australia is.

Albynsw

Sooooo, now that “ they” have kicked Gladys off the new world order team do you think she will rat out on the lizard suits and 5G injections she has been advocating for us plebs or will she remain tight lipped :D