Another lot of gates

Jeep_jk112

What you don't know you won't miss swaggie???
Are you serious....
There's a lot of tracks I won't experience and sure as hell I bloody miss them all

Swaggie

What you don't know you won't miss swaggie???
Are you serious....
There's a lot of tracks I won't experience and sure as hell I bloody miss them all

It's easy to sit back and criticise isn't it Jeep, A hell of a lot harder to actually come up with a valid solution..

You know you have a go at me for stopping someone from Venting anger further which by the way wasn't in the sites best interest and I try to put a band aid solution in another post and you pick out a piece which is out of context and run with it..

Swaggie

The Batemans Bay 4x4 Club looks after the South coast area relatively well mate. We are always out there and if there is something that needs doing we do it. We keep the place glass free and clean. Helps every little bit to put a little effort in.

As for what you don't know about can't hurt you. Sure Raf never got to experience Airly. However, he has seen videos photos and heard all about it and its that stuff that makes you want to go there in the first place. I have heard so much about Wirriba Ridge, but I am the wrong generation to have ever been able to experience it. I wasn't even double digits when it was closed.

I do believe the problem does come from a lot of 4wders who have no care or regard with what they do and how it will affect not only them but others. Then they complain about how the place has been closed.

Yalwal for example, the people who take cars in and burn them out. They themselves more than likely go there a lot, and don't think how it will affect them in the long run, thing is it wont affect them in the long run cause they will go around the gates oxy or grind them open.
Yet there are people out there who will clean up the place so we can continue to use it. Until NPWS and the other agencies can see that we are not all to be tarnished with the same label we are going to have the problem of locking everyone out.

The Batemans Bay 4x4 Club has been talking about a clean up day much like Earth hosted/assisted with previously and trying to break into some more media. However this could also have adverse effects showing that we (speaking in general terms) do leave rubbish behind. If we didn't there would be no need for clean up days.

My 2 cents worth. Hope it makes sense?

Thanks Jackson

Down this way the are far too many 4wdrivers leaving behind rubbish in general, that includes stubbies and cans in and out of fires, feaces left unburied with toilet paper left to blow everywhere, cigarette button everywhere and general hooning.. Also fires left to burn out themselves especially over summer...

Cheers

Jeep_jk112

You want a bloody valid solution swaggie?
Sack the bloody lot of nsw national parks rangers & management!!!! they are so bloody incompetent its not funny
I have no problem with gates (in highly sensitive or high risk areas, they keep the dickheads out.
We should be able to get access to these gates however, if it means joining a club (liabilitie isues?), contributing to working bees (to clear fallen trees, illegally dumped rubbish etc etc) then so be it.
Small price to pay to be able to explore my backyard..........
just because some dickheads own 4wds, doesn't mean i or my mates deserve to be punished....

How do you know what i have done to try and keep the bush clean and accessible??
I haven't done much in the scheme of things, because i have only owned a 4by for just over a year..
What about all the older wheelers, who have spent most of their lives in low range, how come they have let it get to this stage with out putting up a fight, or real solution???

What you victorians don't realise, is you have the most progressive and accomodating park rangers (dse) when it comes to recreational activities in national parks.
Us new south welshmen and qlders however seem to be screwed! WE are stuck with these greeny nut bags, who want to lock the gate, so their mates in the 1% who can hike for days, are free to bum each other in privacy....
Not to mention the extra pressure on what little that is left open.... naturally the area will deteriorate quicker, hence giving them more ammo.

That being said i am still holding a glimmer of hope after hunting is finaly allowed in nsw national parks, we might start to see real change in the backwards thinking of npws........
I doubt they will change by themselves but hopefully some people may force them :D

Last edited:

Swaggie

You want a bloody valid solution swaggie?
Sack the bloody lot of nsw national parks rangers & management!!!! they are so bloody incompetent its not funny
I have no problem with gates (in highly sensitive or high risk areas, they keep the dickheads out.
We should be able to get access to these gates however, if it means joining a club (liabilitie isues?), contributing to working bees (to clear fallen trees, illegally dumped rubbish etc etc) then so be it.
Small price to pay to be able to explore my backyard..........
just because some dickheads own 4wds, doesn't mean i or my mates deserve to be punished....

How do you know what i have done to try and keep the bush clean and accessible??
I haven't done much in the scheme of things, because i have only owned a 4by for just over a year..
What about all the older wheelers, who have spent most of their lives in low range, how come they have let it get to this stage with out putting up a fight, or real solution???

What you victorians don't realise, is you have the most progressive and accomodating park rangers (dse) when it comes to recreational activities in national parks.
Us new south welshmen and qlders however seem to be screwed! WE are stuck with these greeny nut bags, who want to lock the gate, so their mates in the 1% who can hike for days, are free to bum each other in privacy....
Not to mention the extra pressure on what little that is left open.... naturally the area will deteriorate quicker, hence giving them more ammo.

That being said i am still holding a glimmer of hope after hunting is finaly allowed in nsw national parks, we might start to see real change in the backwards thinking of npws........
I doubt they will change by themselves but hopefully some people may force them :D

That's it a bit of passion... Lmao

Russman76

swaggie wtf i thought this forum was dickhead free

So expressing ones opinion and views classes someone as a "dickhead"?

Referring to the comment I made, it was after a shit day and a few beers, I vented my anger, as I'm sure most can understand. However I would never do it, I know it would be a step back in a losing battle if I/or anyone did.

Everyone wants a solution, yet how many actually believe this is going to happen, how long has the fight been going on? It's like our voices are going unheard, they continue to lock more gates, and I'm yet to hear of one being reopened!

Let's all just ignore what's going on and just be happy with what we have, so that by the time our kids are adults they'll know nothing but the city walls!

ross and cher

While passion is great, and not having a go at you Jeep, fact remains that as a percentage, those that get off their asses and do something, whether it be sign a petition, or help with a cleanup, are clearly a minority, and clearly outnumbered by those who don't give a crap and trash places, hence the gates.

As a sidenote, you have clearly encountered a different breed of ranger to me, our experience on both sides of the border is that they are a very helpful and knowledgeable bunch who go out of their way to help, but are usually understaffed, therefore overworked and do not have the time or resources to go around picking up or fixing up what is left behind by the ...!

Swaggie

So expressing ones opinion and views classes someone as a "dickhead"?

Referring to the comment I made, it was after a shit day and a few beers, I vented my anger, as I'm sure most can understand. However I would never do it, I know it would be a step back in a losing battle if I/or anyone did.

Everyone wants a solution, yet how many actually believe this is going to happen, how long has the fight been going on? It's like our voices are going unheard, they continue to lock more gates, and I'm yet to hear of one being reopened!

Let's all just ignore what's going on and just be happy with what we have, so that by the time our kids are adults they'll know nothing but the city walls!

Look Russ the post was removed (well most of it).. So accept it could have been worded a lot better, or I'm just venting anger ii don't really expect people to act upon it... Simple..

Now as far as no one doing anything about it well that's just plain wrong... Go to 4wd action as Roothy has a stop the gates campaign, also we had a Free the bush campaign, members chose to basically ignore it with only 2600 signatures... It was posted over several sites too, a lot were worried it was an email harvesting gimmick.. Wtf.. The guys put a lot of time and effort into getting up and running...

Spinach

Look Russ the post was removed (well most of it).. So accept it could have been worded a lot better, or I'm just venting anger ii don't really expect people to act upon it... Simple..

Now as far as no one doing anything about it well that's just plain wrong... Go to 4wd action as Roothy has a stop the gates campaign, also we had a Free the bush campaign, members chose to basically ignore it with only 2600 signatures... It was posted over several sites too, a lot were worried it was an email harvesting gimmick.. Wtf.. The guys put a lot of time and effort into getting up and running...

Russ knows he should have expressed that it was just a vent, by the time he went to edit it and put that in there, it had been edited, so he didn't bother...

As for 4wd Action, we attended their Stockton rally, along with thousands of others, but what did it gain? Another locked gate, it's all quite discouraging. The "ignore everything and be happy with what we have" comment was a sarcastic comment, meaning that's exactly what they want for us...

Our names are part of those 2600 who signed the free our bush campaign, it clearly states that emails aren't part of it....

Now everyone here wants the same thing so enough with the bickering LOL, I thouht it was women who were meant to b!tch! LOL...

Swaggie

As for 4wd Action, we attended their Stockton rally, along with thousands of others, but what did it gain? Another locked gate, it's all quite discouraging. The "ignore everything and be happy with what we have" comment was a sarcastic comment

Now everyone here wants the same thing so enough with the bickering LOL, I thouht it was women who were meant to b!tch! LOL...

Who said that comment....

Wokss

The Hon. Graham Annesley MP is the Minister for Sport and Recreation.Telephone:
(02) 9228 5259
Fax:
(02) 9228 5727
Email:
office@annesley.minister.nsw.gov.au
The Hon. Greg Pearce BA LLB MLC is the Minister for the Illawarra office@pearce.minister.nsw.gov.au
Telephone:
(02) 9230 2428
Fax:
(02) 9230 2767
The Hon. Robyn Parker MP is the Minister for the Environment office@parker.minister.nsw.gov.au
Telephone:
(02) 4933 1617
Fax:
(02) 4933 4782
Along with Barry O'Farrell MP :mad::mad:and Premier of our State

I would send they F wits emails telling them how disappointed you along with all the mate you can get or make up partition and get it signed by as many 4bee driver as you can

Spinach

Who said that comment....

"Let's all just ignore what's going on and just be happy with what we have, so that by the time our kids they'll know nothing but the city walls!"

Russ said it, but he meant it in a sarcastic narc towards NPWS...

Jeep_jk112

Craig isn't pursuing that site any more, so no point

You know the only tracks that have re opened in nsw, after being gated are
The ones that have had the locks (and whole gate in some instances) removed constantly.

Once again victorians commenting in other states, track closure issues thinking there isn't a problem.
Glad you guys think so!

devo73

Banned
I wasnt going to get involved in this thread but my name has come up a couple of times so my thoughts are...

... i have driven and camped numerous times with both Matt and Russ and there is no way either of them would do anything to trash the bush. Fact! Russ vented, after a night on the turps (posted after 12am), and regrets the way he worded things. I thought it was out of character so didnt comment. Lets get over it.

Hey Matty, sorry but i dont think Swaggie was on his high horse saying what most of us thought mate. I know you dont think its real good ripping gates out either.

Swaggie. I agree with your thoughts on the lock out issues, you know that, but could you delete Russ' quoted post in comment #9 please. It doesnt serve any purpose now, just out of character and makes him look bad. Serves no purpose for the good of the Earth "brand" as you said yourself.

Craig isn't pursuing that site any more, so no point

Well the site has never been closed Matt, i just dont put any time into it anymore. As Swaggie pointed out, 2600 odd sigs is not enough to submit without being laughed at.
I did submit around 1500 odd sigs to the Management of public land in New South Wales (Inquiry) - NSW Parliament which is due to release its Final Report today funnily enough. See what happens.

Here is a list from the site for MP's in your state to add to Woks list. MP Details | Free Our Bush

As you know i do not do the Facebook thingy so feel free to spread the word that way. I will monitor the page for questions and add track closures again, including the ones mentioned in this thread.

No doubt we are ALL on the same page so lets stop the insults. If voicing our opinions makes a person a d1ckhead then i am in the running for a medal for sure :D

Nearly forgot, thanks for the heads up on Jellore Joel. Not good thats for sure.

Cheers
Craig