Another lot of gates

mk_triton

Jellore is being gated was there this afternoon and here is gates going up.. There are rocks pushed blocking trails and other trails dozed. You can no longer do the climb to the top.
Sorry for the bad news:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Swaggie

Yeah we had a couple of members organise a site about this, it was posted on many sites so local MP's would be notified, do you want to know the end result, about 2500 gave a shite, out of about 50k plus didn't..

So not much of a protest so why wouldn't they..

Dieselcon

That's real disappointing... Jellore has the awesome rock climb along the powerlines were I damaged my ARB bar. Hope it's only a temporary closure. Nice tracks out the back aswell.

80lover96gxl

Just 1 more tick on the list of intended track closures id say.
Another sad result.:(

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

frosty

Get on to Roothy. Might be right up his alley.

And lets NOT go to the EMG/4wd action bit.

He does give a shyte..

sent from a phone that's bigger and smarter than BIG RWIG!!!!!

Swaggie

there has to be a mass protest..or where going to start tearing these gates down. enough is enough..I will burn my clutch out ripping these posts out..tow strap,winch what ever it takes..

Hi Russ..

That's not a great idea mate and 4x4Earth will not encourage or condone such behaviour... "Tread Lightly" is the sites slogan.. That also includes not deliberately driving on DSE closed tracks with or without gates,moving logs across tracks, signs stating the tracks closed being ignored etc etc...

All the best.. ;)

Russman76

Hi Russ..

That's not a great idea mate and 4x4Earth will not encourage or condone such behaviour... "Tread Lightly" is the sites slogan.. That also includes not deliberately driving on DSE closed tracks with or without gates,moving logs across tracks, signs stating the tracks closed being ignored etc etc...

All the best.. ;)

yeah mate i know, just fed up.. one track after another..when does it it stop..you sound like a politician or a greenie..& one thing i'm NOT representing 4x4earth.. just a bloke who's had enough.when was the last time you been out your local nat/state parks?"

Jeep_jk112

Go back to your tigerz11 threads swaggie and get off your high horse!!!!!
It's called venting believe it or not......
Helped where I could with Craig's petition btw ;)

Last edited:

Russman76

if there was a "like" button matt..i'd be all over it like a cheap suit ..lol..

Grumpy

OK we all get pissed when areas are shut off, was there another reason for the shut, we down here also have powerline tracks and DSE put closed signs on them in an effort to protect the tracks so as when a powerline breaks the repair guys can get the trucks and other vehicles in to repair them, if however they have been rutted by others using the tracks they first have to fix up the access so as work can proceed, just a thought. extra cost to us the tax payers.
As swaggie said we don't condone that type of comment but I understand from your point it is just venting your disappointment in the closure. cheers

Swaggie

I thought posting all the best with a wink afterwards 2 showing I wasn't on my high horse..

You should know better mate, you've been here long enough, your supporting a comment that I thought you despised.. That's the main reason there shutting down areas.

He had not stated he was venting anger but I suspected so of course, but 30k of other members read this not realising this or just committing offences, your not the only state coping closures I can assure you of that..

As far as Rossi's comment goes... Well Ross I camped East of Dargo over Xmas, didn't see another vehicle for 3 days... As far as getting local well my favourite areas are actually closed from the fires.... I don't have to post trip reports to prove it, my pictures are there..

"Go back to your tigerz11 threads swaggie and get off your high horse!!!!!"

What's that supposed to mean, ill tell you one thing I won't post anymore reviews until you get off your ass and post one, I won't hold my breath....

Last edited:

Swaggie

yeah mate i know, just fed up.. one track after another..when does it it stop..you sound like a politician or a greenie..& one thing i'm NOT representing 4x4earth.. just a bloke who's had enough.when was the last time you been out your local nat/state parks?"

Not a Polly I can assure you of that, would be a used car salesman before that crazy job, plus they have more respect lol, Greenies are like Unions you need them at times but if they get to much power look out.. :eek::eek:

The Free Our Bush petition shows to me people don't care (low numbers), but i will say 2600 do, but it surprises me I thought more would, then again maybe there the ones that don't care about locked gates, closed areas etc and just access them at any cost affecting us all...

This sites credibility is paramount so statements that don't reflect the Tread Lightly theme are removed, just like someone that posts a YouTube video doing burn outs, wrecking trees out there etc will get crucified I promise you that, plus reported to the relevant authorities..

Unless you are aware your not too know so don't take it personally.. We all have posts that are removed at some stage... :);)

pbk1776

New people in fourby scene like me will never experience these tracks :-(
hopefully something can be done -

Swaggie

New people in fourby scene like me will never experience these tracks :-(
hopefully something can be done -

I think it goes like this mate, what you don't know about you don't miss, imagine generations of families visiting the same spot over the years only to find it gated the next . :eek:

It's coming up with a valid answer that works before more track closures that's going to be the hard part, plus we need to stand United and from the free or bush campaign I don't like our chances...

I know it's the Australian way to not dob people in but it affects us all if you don't...

We have about a Hwy maybe it's time more clubs get involved to adopt camping areas and tracks.. 4x4Earth looks after O'tooles Camp ground in conjunction with the DSE..

03gallagherj

I think it goes like this mate, what you don't know about you don't miss, imagine generations of families visiting the same spot over the years only to find it gated the next . :eek:

It's coming up with a valid answer that works before more track closures that's going to be the hard part, plus we need to stand United and from the free or bush campaign I don't like our chances...

I know it's the Australian way to not dob people in but it affects us all if you don't...

We have about a Hwy maybe it's time more clubs get involved to adopt camping areas and tracks.. 4x4Earth looks after O'tooles Camp ground in conjunction with the DSE..

The Batemans Bay 4x4 Club looks after the South coast area relatively well mate. We are always out there and if there is something that needs doing we do it. We keep the place glass free and clean. Helps every little bit to put a little effort in.

As for what you don't know about can't hurt you. Sure Raf never got to experience Airly. However, he has seen videos photos and heard all about it and its that stuff that makes you want to go there in the first place. I have heard so much about Wirriba Ridge, but I am the wrong generation to have ever been able to experience it. I wasn't even double digits when it was closed.

I do believe the problem does come from a lot of 4wders who have no care or regard with what they do and how it will affect not only them but others. Then they complain about how the place has been closed.

Yalwal for example, the people who take cars in and burn them out. They themselves more than likely go there a lot, and don't think how it will affect them in the long run, thing is it wont affect them in the long run cause they will go around the gates oxy or grind them open.
Yet there are people out there who will clean up the place so we can continue to use it. Until NPWS and the other agencies can see that we are not all to be tarnished with the same label we are going to have the problem of locking everyone out.

The Batemans Bay 4x4 Club has been talking about a clean up day much like Earth hosted/assisted with previously and trying to break into some more media. However this could also have adverse effects showing that we (speaking in general terms) do leave rubbish behind. If we didn't there would be no need for clean up days.

My 2 cents worth. Hope it makes sense?

pbk1776

this is the key