Another campsite trashed.

80lover96gxl

God damn ------ --------. What goes through these mindless ------ heads. It discusts me that these people are even allowed to breath the same oxygen as me!!! Sooooo angry!!!

I'm guessing this is the camp area at Southend Brian?

If you get a group together and it fits in with my roster I would be happy to lend a hand in fixing it up.

Yeah mate Kotgee campground, 1 of the 2 that are practically side by side and the 1 we camped at last trip near southend.

Sucks big time hey, hopefully be able to co ordinate with the others that are keen to help and get a date to suit all.

Last edited:

80lover96gxl

You know what, I never hear any Politician suggest we need to build more Jails anymore. I suppose it's more cost effective to hand out 12 month good behaviour bonds all the time, only problem there is a person can have half a dozen or more and still live the free life, its just rubbish...

These idiots should be thinking, Heah mate if we get caught I don't want to spend Xmas and The New Year in Jail.. (Wilful destruction of Government Property, Min 6 months) plus costs of the damage, you havnt two Rocks to rub together, more jail time till is paid...

Not feeling in the Xmas Spirit with this type of feralism going on... :eek:

What also sucks mate is you could bet people had planned part of their chrissy hols to camp at these campgrounds as its a very popular spot with good toilets for families and a rainwater tank thats usually pretty full for washing up and the like.
They'll now have to mate alternate plans now.

Not really feeling the spirit either mate.

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Getting a leg in with Parks Vic. like Grumpy says is great. However it does mean a few blokes work damn hard for the benefit off all.Then often the idiots come back again.
As I have said before, I reckon that it's not a minority, but a hell of a lot of 4wdrivers who do the wrong thing. Whether it's damage to camps, tracks, etc., leaving rubbish, etc.
Prevention is better and easier than the cure (fixing).
They have to be stopped. No good whinging and complaining, that won't fix anything.
Parks Officers have to be out there patrolling, especially on weekends, holidays, etc.
The only way this will happen is for us as four wheel drivers, to pay for it.
We are all being tarred with the same brush as the wrongdoers and we are all getting a bad name.
Below is a link to one of the many threads I have commented on suggesting a practical way to fix the problem. Read the whole page and maybe the whole thread.
If anyone reckons they can fix it without putting their hand in their pocket, well........good luck and keep reading up on continuing damage and the many other tracks that will close.

http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/ge...-maybe-not-minority-who-rubbish-our-bush.html

80lover96gxl

Lets get something very clear peps.

I am sick to death of the mindless ______ (Only a few) who do these appalling things, clearly they have real issues.

But I am just as annoyed at some who believe that some _____ can close a road/park/adventure because of some silly and brainless happenings.

Find The____ and punish them and them only!!! Its not rocket science....Not the bloody rest of us who do the right and if these spineless agencies who whinge at the drop of a hat don't let them off the hook either.

Our bloody parks and nation reserves and ours and ours alone not some bloody bureaucrat.

So take a stand and fight back...Anything less is unacceptable....

Rant over....for now....

While I do agree with your sentiments thug half the issue with places being closed due to vandalism is that parks have had major funding cuts over the last few years due to the government's hell bent mission to resolve its national debt woes, unfortunately nat parks isnt that high on the priority list when it comes to looking for agencies to not cut funding too.

I was talking to a park ranger a couple of months ago and he was telling me in SA alone ranger numbers have gone from 160 down to 60 in 1 year, and their looking at reducing it to 40 over the next financial year.

It's much easier and cost effective to simply close the place and save whatever money they'd spend having to repair the damage.

We were there in oct and all the honesty boxes were fees are paid to help maintain the area's have been deleted due to vandalism, before long the whole area will be closed and the 4wd community will have lost one of Australia's great coastal 4wd treks.

Last edited by a moderator:

80lover96gxl

Getting a leg in with Parks Vic. like Grumpy says is great. However it does mean a few blokes work damn hard for the benefit off all.Then often the idiots come back again.
As I have said before, I reckon that it's not a minority, but a hell of a lot of 4wdrivers who do the wrong thing. Whether it's damage to camps, tracks, etc., leaving rubbish, etc.
Prevention is better and easier than the cure (fixing).
They have to be stopped. No good whinging and complaining, that won't fix anything.
Parks Officers have to be out there patrolling, especially on weekends, holidays, etc.
The only way this will happen is for us as four wheel drivers, to pay for it.
We are all being tarred with the same brush as the wrongdoers and we are all getting a bad name.
Below is a link to one of the many threads I have commented on suggesting a practical way to fix the problem. Read the whole page and maybe the whole thread.
If anyone reckons they can fix it without putting their hand in their pocket, well........good luck and keep reading up on continuing damage and the many other tracks that will close.

http://www.4x4earth.com.au/forum/ge...-maybe-not-minority-who-rubbish-our-bush.html

Im prepared to put my hand up and get dirty helping rebuild damaged areas Rog, we just need good numbers of willing dedicated outdoor enthusiasts to put their hands up aswell.

The US has a great system where 4wd groups are partly responsible for coordinating the maintenance of reserves and conservation parks in conjunction with private contract groups with the same interests , they've had some very successful ventures working together to maintain and keep areas open for outdoor enthusiasts.

Maybe somthing like this needs to be introduced in Australia.

Haven't read your link yet but I'll get onto that.

Grumpy

Roger every time I do something with parks, Yes it does cost me in time and fuel, but hey mate I like many others get great pleasure in rocking up and putting in the time and effort to an end result and then sit around having a beer and a chat with others.
Believe me probably the greatest pleasure is knowing that others are now looking after something we started and also when we arrive at a location like today and find no damage has been done to things we have put many hours into for all to enjoy.

DEPI has just had three new huts erected on Donnelly Creek Victoria.

Attachments

• SANY0010.JPG
    SANY0010.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
  • SANY0015.JPG
    SANY0015.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 99
  • SANY0018.JPG
    SANY0018.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer
Im prepared to put my hand up and get dirty helping rebuild damaged areas Rog, we just need good numbers of willing dedicated outdoor enthusiasts to put their hands up aswell.

The US has a great system where 4wd groups are partly responsible for coordinating the maintenance of reserves and conservation parks in conjunction with private contract groups with the same interests , they've had some very successful ventures working together to maintain and keep areas open for outdoor enthusiasts.

Maybe somthing like this needs to be introduced in Australia.

Haven't read your link yet but I'll get onto that.

Roger every time I do something with parks, Yes it does cost me in time and fuel, but hey mate I like many others get great pleasure in rocking up and putting in the time and effort to an end result and then sit around having a beer and a chat with others.
Believe me probably the greatest pleasure is knowing that others are now looking after something we started and also when we arrive at a location like today and find no damage has been done to things we have put many hours into for all to enjoy.

DEPI has just had three new huts erected on Donnelly Creek Victoria.

I agree totally with both of you and I admire yours and others efforts. I agree that it does require volunteers like yourselves to keep things in good order as well as doing repairs. However fixing up wilful damage is frustrating.
I am totally pissed off , not so much at lack of volunteers, but at the number of people who do damage.
I guess it's called dickheads not having any pride in our country and I see more of it today.
Even picked up discarded papers and an empty can of Jim Bean and coke at my letter box last Wednesday morning. Sick of hearing people who rave on about being true blue Aussies and still rubbish Australia.
I think it's about time we came down hard on these people to educate them in the way of life.
Imagine if those three new huts were destroyed next week.:eek:
Maintenance is one thing, fixing destruction again and again is another.

Grumpy

Totally agree with your sentiments Roger, I think they should be named and shamed when caught, pictures in papers and all that, I feel the word would soon spread and maybe others would think twice about their actions.

Buxter

A mate of mine was clapping, and videoing some idiots "hooning" about at O'tooles a few years back.
They really dug it up, and were behaving very dangerously, and trashing the place.
What the mate was actually doing was focusing in on the number plates, and the damage each vehicle, and driver was causing.
On the way home he handed the Video into the Erica Police Station.
They all got heavily fined
We need more like this.

Cheers
Buxter

Ozbogwam

Clubs do help out out Parks Vic for sure. The club I used to be in did numerous rubbish patrols, helped clear horse trails, put in long drop dunnies, and various other things. Other clubs have also done other things. This is one example why joing a 4wd club is a good thing.

Join up and get involved

LowLux

Hey Brian, am all for helping out with fixing and maintaining campgrounds and other sites as needed with any coordinated effort made by Earth members.

80lover96gxl

Hey Brian, am all for helping out with fixing and maintaining campgrounds and other sites as needed with any coordinated effort made by Earth members.

Hi mate, im waiting to hear back from a fb member in relation to fixing the damage but not likely till well into January I'd say,, and being a gov department, maybe even longer.
Will let you know for sure when I find out mate.

DogSec

Yeah, I agree with all of your comments above, but add to them.
I believe their thinking is:
"I have a right to do whatever I like, and YOU can't stop me.
I dont have to respect you but you have to respect me even though I have never earnt that priviledge from you." and.
"I can do what I like where I like to whom I like and there is nothing YOU can do about it.
If I don't own it, Then I can do with it what I want, how I want and when I want, no matter who it is that does legally own it.
If I do own it YOU are not allowed anywhere near it because you might do to it what I do to others property."
I appologise for being synical, but I have seen too many of these persons being allowed to "get away" with doing what and when they want, and the legal system we have allowing them to continue to do so..
DogSec

BMKal

A mate of mine was clapping, and videoing some idiots "hooning" about at O'tooles a few years back.
They really dug it up, and were behaving very dangerously, and trashing the place.
What the mate was actually doing was focusing in on the number plates, and the damage each vehicle, and driver was causing.
On the way home he handed the Video into the Erica Police Station.
They all got heavily fined
We need more like this.

Cheers
Buxter

Agree that we need more people like your mate who are prepared to gather the necessary evidence and report these people to the relevant authorities.

BUT .......... fining them is not the answer. CRUSH THEIR CARS. ;)

No second chances - just take their vehicles from them and crush the bloody things. I'm sick of the bleeding heart snivel libertarians making excuses and apologizing for these idiots.

80lover96gxl

Agree that we need more people like your mate who are prepared to gather the necessary evidence and report these people to the relevant authorities.

BUT .......... fining them is not the answer. CRUSH THEIR CARS. ;)

No second chances - just take their vehicles from them and crush the bloody things. I'm sick of the bleeding heart snivel libertarians making excuses and apologizing for these idiots.

Yep agreed, deprive them of their 4b and make em press the button on the crushing machine.

TonyF8

My personal opinion is it maybe a little bit more than a small minority, the reason I have come to this conclusion is having travelled Cape York since 86. Now in that time the tip has degraded into a TIP. What you think are nice responsible family groups are often some of the culprits, eg. disposable nappies, broken toys etc. I generally spend a couple of days at Vyrila Point, and in the last couple of years could not believe the mess that is left there, I once confrnted one group just as there were leaving (3 families with various age range of children) and was promptly told it was none of my business and they were in a hurry to get on the track again. (Sam creek was no different with the amount of rubbish). I wish I did have an answer to this problem, but unfortunately I don't, apart from closing areas down, maybe it is time for a bit of tough love, with dwindling resources of the departments involved in maitaining these areas, we all need to be proactive and stand up and report these people and publicly shame them. If this degradation of areas continues we will have 2 options, areas closed off or we camp in piles of shit. Many clubs do great work in organising working bees to clean up areas, and my appreciation of some clubs that do this in more remote areas, but they shouldn't have to spend a portion of there hard earned holidays and money doing this. The idea of the stickers and other promotional gear mentioned on the forum requires support and I hope it gets off the ground and soon.
Cheers.
Tony.
n

WomblingFree

I once confrnted one group just as there were leaving (3 families with various age range of children) and was promptly told it was none of my business and they were in a hurry to get on the track again.
n

Should get pics of their cars and post them here and facebook. 'Name and Shame' the bast*rds

Bendman

I have a mate who confronted a group up in Byfield at Waterpark Creek which is a very family oriented area. Having a young daughter himself, he approached them without aggression and was told by the drivers where to go not politely. He then copped another spray from an older couple which turned out to be their parents.

He contacted the local paper and they then ran a story on it and shaming the behaviours (without identifying them) of those my mate approached.

Anyway, they must have worked out where he lived as he then started having rocks thrown on his roof and other crappy stuff happen.

Anyway, moral of that story is to be careful as to how you engage these people as you really don't know how they are going to react.

80lover96gxl

Thats why photo's and or video of the dead beats is your best option, hand that to authorities and the local news paper ,it can all help with shaming these lowlifes and the bigger the shaming,, hopefully the bigger the embarrassment.