Change background image

Another burrendong weekend

Discussion in 'Camping Areas' started by barnsey062, Sep 23, 2018.

1. barnsey062

barnsey062 Well-Known Member

At Lake Burrendong again, my two sisters & there husbands brought my parents up for a fee days, they booked a cabin & I setup camp a5 the back of the dam, my sisters brought my parents around to the camp for a BBQ & so my dad could have a fish each day, weather was nice, the dam has now dropped to 28% we could really do with some decent rain in the catchment areas, having a great few days catchg up with my family whom I mosty only get to see a couple of times a year, IMG_20180922_082556.jpg IMG_20180922_082118.jpg IMG20180923085422.jpg IMG_20180922_215753.jpg IMG_20180922_175821.jpg

callmejoe, shaun0, Spooner and 6 others like this.
  2. Albynsw

Albynsw Well-Known Member

I drove past there yesterday , beautiful country and greener than anywhere else we have seen through NSW and QLD right up to the Gulf that we have travelled through in recent weeks.
    Hopefully some follow up rain comes

barnsey062 likes this.
  3. barnsey062

we had a couple of days of light rain 2 weeks ago, before that everything was dust, its amazing how green things can get with just a bit of rain, only thing growing in my backyard is weeds and cat heads lol

Albynsw likes this.
  4. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

The dog looks comfy mate :D

barnsey062, Spooner and dno67 like this.
  5. barnsey062

yeah he's a fire hog :) the days were nice around 25 & 26 the nights were 5 & 6 deg lucky i got here on Fri morning & collected some wood :)

Bomber2012 likes this.
  6. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Gee the dam is low isn't it .

barnsey062 likes this.
  7. barnsey062

It is now sitting at just 27%
    I put a stick in the ground on the edge of the water and the stick was a foot above the water line on dry land by morning,
    when i was there a few weeks ago it was sitting at 31%
    this is a photo from August 30 with Dust sitting on a rock in the water.
    burrendong august 2018 214.jpg

This is the same rock (arrow) he was sitting on.
    burrendong sept 21 22 23 2018 the rock.jpg

Spooner likes this.
  8. Spooner

He looks a beautiful smart dog , I did have one of them many years ago and wasn't all their in the head :(

9. Bomber2012

Bomber2012 Well-Known Member

Is there fish in there Barnsey ?

barnsey062 likes this.
  10. Spooner

Must be Luke ,
    The dog ain't looking for a poodle that can breath underwater :D

11. barnsey062

I only had worms for bait, i caught a big carp on cheese, never really gave it a good shot this time as my sister brought my mum & dad up for a few days, I had my two sisters & there husbands & my mum & dad here for the weekend, they stayed in a cabin & came down for a bbq dinner on Sat night,
    there are some big fish in burrendong, only problem with this time of the year is that its cod spawning season so from Sep to Dec you are not allowed to catch them.
    But there have been great catches the rest of the year, the dam is full good size Murry Cod, Yellowbelly Redfin, Catfish carp,etc
    There is a big fishing comp on every Easter with some great prizes.

Spooner and Bomber2012 like this.
  12. barnsey062

My Dad enjoyed the visit, he has always loved the bush & fishing, he used to take me camping all over Australia when i was younger & took me on a 6 week trip up the old Birdsville track across the Simpson & up to Karumba when i was 15 in an old 161 Holden powered land rover, was a trip of a lifetime that i will never forget. :) he will be 80 in Nov.
    Birdsville track 1977.png
    Dad at Burrendong sep 2018.jpg

Albynsw, callmejoe and Bomber2012 like this.