Another Border Track trip July 13/14 2013

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Just a quick note to say the weather forecast for Keith is :

Fri - Rain at times . . . max 13oC / min 5oC
Sat - Rain at times . . . max 15oC / min 5oC
Sun - Rain at times easing . . . max 17oC / min 11oC

So, be prepared for some damp tracks . . . will make the sand driving easier, but might present a fair amount of mud in places south of Red Bluff, and also into the Big Desert region.

Maybe if people get a chance, pick up a small bag of firewood at a servo to bring along.
We can usually pick up ample on the way into Red Bluff camp, but it may be hard finding anything dry.
If we have a bit of dry stuff bagged, and it's not raining, we can have a fire no probs.
If it happens to be raining, well, it might be an early night, and we can take the wood home to use another trip.

Looking forward to doing this trip in the wet for the first time, catch most of you up at the truck stop, and tezzag / Russ, see you up on the BT at the northern boundary of Ngarkat around 10.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Ngarkat vehicle entry fee is $10 per vehicle, might pay to have right change.

No other camp or access fees (gotta love Vic Parks).

Edit - Just checked current info, park entry now $10 per vehicle (up to 8 pax) concession $8.

Last edited:

blackmaz

Ngarkat vehicle entry fee is $10 per vehicle, might pay to have right change.

No other camp or access fees (gotta love Vic Parks).

Edit - Just checked current info, park entry now $10 per vehicle (up to 8 pax) concession $8.

hi les, blackmaz will be there, see you at mt barker truck stop

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
No worries Greg, added you and Kerryn to the list :)

Glad you can make this one too, if you haven't done the BT before, or into Big Desert / Wyperfeld a bit, this is a great drive.

See you 7am Sat morning then.

Lays4B

Hey Les, I'm gunna have to pull out, something has come up. Have a great trip and I look forward to the trip report.

Happy b'day Ryan, would have been great to celebrate wih you. Have fun in those mud holes :D

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Maxibon

Thanks Shane ;) will have fun in the md for ya mate! Also Les does that mean its gona cost us $18 for the weekend or?

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Hey Les, I'm gunna have to pull out, something has come up. Have a great trip and I look forward to the trip report.

Happy b'day Ryan, would have been great to celebrate wih you. Have fun in those mud holes :D

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Bummer Shane, ah well, see if you can make the day drive BT north in August mate.
You can do part of what you missed on MSNP trip.

Thanks Shane ;) will have fun in the md for ya mate! Also Les does that mean its gona cost us $18 for the weekend or?

Nah Ryan, just $10 a car, or concession (I guess pensioners, unemplyed, etc ?) is $8.
So you would just need $10 and that is to access the days drive down Ngarkat CP.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Yep, me too :)
Looking forward to an interestig weekend of tracks, should be great.

This weather might get through to the border a bit, but what the heck.
Not too bad at the moment, winds are light, and really not much more than a sprinkling of rain.

Expect you got the new shocks in and sorted ?
Will find out in the morn, about to shut down and go get some sleep, ready for 5am wake up.

80lover96gxl

Have a great run you guys and happy bday ryan, will have a drink gor ya at hopes.
Bit bummed I had to miss this trip aswell but hope to get on the northern section run next month.

Look forward to the trip report and some great pic's. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Maxibon

I envy all you guys going to bed early im trapped at work till 1 get home at 2 then up at 5:30 to pack the food and bedding to leave mine at 6 :( glad the missus got me lots of redbull for the drive.

Les PK Ranger

4x4 Earth Contributer
Have a great run you guys and happy bday ryan, will have a drink gor ya at hopes.
Bit bummed I had to miss this trip aswell but hope to get on the northern section run next month.

Look forward to the trip report and some great pic's. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah mate, we'll look after the young fella up there :)
Hope you can make it for 17 / 18 Aug, and hope even more you've got the 100 ready.

Off to bed ready for tomorrow should be great fun. in the sun Ha Ha

See you and Trish on an hour and a half :eek:

I envy all you guys going to bed early im trapped at work till 1 get home at 2 then up at 5:30 to pack the food and bedding to leave mine at 6 :( glad the missus got me lots of redbull for the drive.

Jeez, that's dedication to a trip, well you'll sleep like a log at Red Bluff tonight :) ;)