Animals.

BIGCOL

From another trip report.

On one day we went for a short drive into the hills behind Lorne, we spotted a Koala perched rather precariously on a branch that extended out over the road so I stopped to take a pic.

We’d only driven a few hundred metres further on when we came across another sitting calmly beside the road.

After a few minutes he became camera shy so walked off, checking out the rear of my car as he did so.

He seemed quite interested in my suspension modifications, but in the end he decided enough was enough and walked off as if it is an every day encounter with us humans.

Col.

Spooner

We found this little fella in Gembrook , stuck under a wire fence , we were looking for fungi at the time and spotted it. Mrs Spooner pulled the wire up and he waddled off without saying thanks.
Its very rare to see one around here in the daytime. But he was AOK :)
IMGP5258.jpg

Last edited:

BIGCOL

You rarely see one like this.

But to see two was special.

And to add to the Echidna pics, the Tassie ones are quite different to the mainland variety. They have developed more fur and less spikes to help them cope with the colder climes that they have to endure there, a great example of Darwin’s theory of evolution. Check out his/her ear tufts, never noticed them before.

Col.

Last edited:

Spooner

And to add to the Echidna pics, the Tassie ones are quite different to the mainland variety. They have developed more fur and less spikes to help them cope with the colder climes that they have to endure there, a great example of Darwin’s theory of evolution. Check out his/her ear tufts, never noticed them before.
Cool pics Col ,
Never seen one like that before.

BIGCOL

From another report that will be posted one day.

Near camp I was dodging spider webs and doing a bit of bird watching, when this Koala came strolling down the track, he spotted me and stopped for a moment, and then continued to walk on past me less than a metre away, until he found a likely tree and then up he went. He paused on his climb briefly as if to say, one more photo and then I’m out of here buddy!

Col.

Last edited:

Spooner

A couple of pics of the tigers at Dreamworld on the Gold Coast
Mrs Spooner took this of the new cub at Dreamworld , June 2008.
Her and her friend , went and lined up outside the gates at 4.30am in the morning , to get a spot to view them close up as only the 1st 14 people got in to the inclosure to pat and play with them and have them chew on them.
Baby at Dream World.jpg