Andrew St Pierre White shares the love with Faj owners

Wara

Ah the old back in my day and how dare some new member come on here saying things I don’t agree with. Stick to Victoria mate

Albynsw

@Wara
Mate I don’t doubt that you work in an outback community area and have that experience but have to say you can come across as rather arrogant with your posts and discount anyone else’s point of view without even knowing what their experience is.
There are people here that have been doing it for longer than you have been alive and also have lived and operated in remote regions of Australia
I don’t know how long have you been doing it maybe only months or perhaps years I don’t know but it is foolish to not consider other points of view and potentially learn a few tips yourself as well as giving them

Just sayin.

Wara

You don’t know how old I am.

which points of view? When I say I have found my patrol way better than a 79 in rivers beds and dunes but the 79 is superior in most other ways, I get told that I’m funny? So the implication is I’m lying or Imagining it..

Everything I have said on these forums is based on experience not opinion. For instance, why would I say iridium isn’t reliable if it isn’t true?

quite frankly some members on this forum aren’t exactly very open to hearing anything they don’t agree with. it’s not hard to spot the members that have real long term experience and those that don’t, funilly enough the ones taking issue with what I’m saying fall into the later. As I said they mainly seem to be from Victoria so perhaps getting a bit defensive.

I came here to chat with other experienced outback travels and there are certainly a few, but I’m not going to hang around to listening to people whinging I think I know everything when talking about a subject that they probably know little about.

If I was a know it all I would be posting about driving in mid and the Victorian high country and this and that, but I’m not because I’ve never even been there. I have only commented on posts that I have extensive experience in.

Bomber2012

ASPW makes his living from the media , sponsors etc , I’ve watched a few of his vids and listened to his (mainly) sponsor driven dribble . I can’t say I’ve seen him do a tough trip but then again I’ve never driven the western desert so there’s every chance I’m missing something.
I‘d like to see him build a vehicle for the HC but I don’t think that’s his thing , with his background in South Africa his idea of off road travel , WA is his preferred terrain .
His a salesman and if you accept that’s what he does for a living then comparing him to real estate agents , car salesman etc his actually bearable .
Its his job to talk shit and convince people they need to spend 100k plus on a vehicle to travel the desert , obviously there are plenty of people listening to him as sponsors keep giving him the goods .
Again I’d like to see him drive some hard tracks with his 230k mobile advertising units , but I doubt his up to it .

Wara

I watched some of his earlier videos today from when he was much younger, square format so maybe late 90s early 2000s. It was actually much better. Perhaps he has become old and bitter now, especially if he’s been forced to leave Africa

CaptainBanana

You don’t know how old I am.

which points of view? When I say I have found my patrol way better than a 79 in rivers beds and dunes but the 79 is superior in most other ways, I get told that I’m funny? So the implication is I’m lying or Imagining it..

Everything I have said on these forums is based on experience not opinion. For instance, why would I say iridium isn’t reliable if it isn’t true?

quite frankly some members on this forum aren’t exactly very open to hearing anything they don’t agree with. it’s not hard to spot the members that have real long term experience and those that don’t, funilly enough the ones taking issue with what I’m saying fall into the later. As I said they mainly seem to be from Victoria so perhaps getting a bit defensive.

I came here to chat with other experienced outback travels and there are certainly a few, but I’m not going to hang around to listening to people whinging I think I know everything when talking about a subject that they probably know little about.

If I was a know it all I would be posting about driving in mid and the Victorian high country and this and that, but I’m not because I’ve never even been there. I have only commented on posts that I have extensive experience in.

This is not an airport, you don't have to announce your departure, you can just pack your bags and go.

Although we will all struggle without your knowledge about everything I'm sure we will get by without you.:rolleyes:

This community service announcement was brought to you by a Victorian because apparently that matters.

Albynsw

I watched his 79 review video yesterday and then his troopy one
The thing that gets up my nose the most is his voice so even if I agree with what he is saying it stills sounds bad

I think his troopy setup was much better than his 79 attempt.

madmonk

I didn't mind his 79 build until he put the camper on it. His premise at the start of the build was sound. Fix the rear wheel track and position the rear axle to ensure that the weight was being carried in the right place. I understand that Andrew's camera/filming requirements probably require a more complex electrical setup but I thought that was what he was doing when he removed the rear seats in the 79 cabin. There seemed a lot of duplication between the setup with the Tommy camper and the Norweld tray.

Personally, I much preferred his setup in the Troop Carrier as this was more in line with how I would like to set up my vehicle (funds permitting!)

sharkcaver

I saw that come up in my feed yesterday. Is he having a cry because his doco premiere in Albany had no one there? Will have a watch soon, but that's what the thumbnail looks like.

shanegtr

I saw that come up in my feed yesterday. Is he having a cry because his doco premiere in Albany had no one there? Will have a watch soon, but that's what the thumbnail looks like.
Just watched it - I didnt think it was a whinge session.

boobook

So he must have sold the tommy camper separate and the car is still for sale. From 235k with camper to 156K as vehicle only.
He got close to 80K for the camper. Must be nice to have money hey!

A guide to the price of a 2nd hand 70 series in WA is 1000 x the price of Iron ore per ton. Currently around $165 ;)

If China bans Australian Iron ore imports, there'll be a flood of near new ones at $60K. 25ft fishing boat and jet ski included. Shipped by the truck load east to dealers and auction houses. :rolleyes:

rob_macca67

So he must have sold the tommy camper separate and the car is still for sale. From 235k with camper to 156K as vehicle only.
He got close to 80K for the camper. Must be nice to have money hey!

Interesting... Looking at all the photos listed there is none of the rear passenger setup that he had, so I assume he has removed it all and returned it to a standard Dualcab seating arrangments?
Looking at the photos - love the colour but there is no way just looking at that I would pay the $156,200 even if I had that sort of $$. That sort of $$ could be better well spent on something else

mikehzz

Interesting that he stretched the wheelbase but kept the overall length of the car the same. The rear wheels just got moved closer to the rear making the turning circle larger and the chassis less likely to bend.