Anderson plug to dual battery

Chatty

When I built solar arrays for lighthouses in the 90’s we’d buy welding cable also. The thought didn’t occur to me this time round. It was about $35/m at battery world but they also crimped the terminations for me.
BOC retail 50mm2 cable for $17.10 per metre in a 10m length. $19 a metre for 3m length.
I found that the counter staff will knock 10% off retail if you sign up for their loyalty scheme for free.
I have my own big crimp tool, so didn't need anyone to do the connectors for me.

CTL

The thing is that everything on the starter is earthed to the chassis anyway so why go all the way back to the starter & add more cable cost & weight when you dont have to??
So you run a nice thick cable from the positive of the starter battery to the auxiliary battery then use a chassis return for the negative to the starter battery? Do you have to upgrade the original starter to chassis “earth” cable to accomodate the extra load on this cable?

cam04

So you run a nice thick cable from the positive of the starter battery to the auxiliary battery then use a chassis return for the negative to the starter battery? Do you have to upgrade the original starter to chassis “earth” cable to accomodate the extra load on this cable?
No. Unfortunately my monstrous bt50 alternator (are they even 100a?) doesn’t create enough current to warm up the cabling.