Amamoor SF/Wrattens SF/Surrounds - Ceda Grove 18-19/5/19 ---CANCELLED

Choook

I have posted this in another forum but have not had a lot of response so putting it out here as well. As long as you are ok with travelling with Land Rovers, at least one anyway. At least you will know you can be recovered.:p

Yes this is the weekend of the election, and yes, that is part of the plan. So if you wanna make it you will need to pre-poll or postal vote.

Anyway. The plan was to just explore some areas between Kandanga Ck Rd and Amamoor Ck Rd throught the SF and at this stage still might be the plan.

After studying some maps I may have come up with something for day one. Or I could be way off the mark.
Day two can be discussed over a cleansing ale at night.

Not knowing this area I'm not even sure this route is possible, but here goes. Any info, corrections, etc greatly apprciated.

From Kandanga heading out along Kandanga Ck Rd, continue on to Hart Rd past the airstrip then NW-ish back on Kandanga Ck Rd.
Turning right and heading N-ish on Wrattens Kandanga Rd on to Manumba Break then Barambah Break heading W-ish to Manamba Mine site. My guess this would be lunch.
From there, NW-ish then NE-ish on to Yural Break which turns N-ish to join Wrattens Kandanga Rd. Turning E and S-ish connecting to Smoko Break and continuing SE-ish on to Blacker Break. Then heading E and NE-ish to Glastonbury Ck Rd then Magill Ck Rd to Amamoor Ck Rd to camp site.

Looking at topo maps all these tracks/roads appear to be on fairly levelish ground, gentle spurs and ridge lines. From just past the airstrip until about the last km before Glastonbury Ck Rd it all appears to be on SF, Reserve and NP.

Camping needs to be pre-booked through QPWS, can anyone enlighten on Cedar Grove camping area or would Amamoor Ck camping area be better?

I suppose a general meeting point would be Kandanga prior to heading towards SF or other places for those wishing to travel together.

If there is no interest or is too close to Easter for some, I will still be going, just carefully, solo.

Any insights welcomed.

Choook

Yes, definitely interested, but not until after our mid-year trip in July....

Probably won't be until July. It is either a shagged injector seal or a cracked head just haven't diagnosed which yet. There is more diesel than oil in the sump at the moment.

rob_macca67

Probably won't be until July. It is either a shagged injector seal or a cracked head just haven't diagnosed which yet. There is more diesel than oil in the sump at the moment.

Oh... that's not good... I gather its a TD5 in your Disco?

Choook

IT'S ALIVE!!!!! :cool:

Will probably resurrect this trip sometime next month, have got a bit on for the next few weeks. If it stays this flippin' cold I might leave it another month. :oops:
Anyway I'll post it up in a new thread when I organise myself and I'll tag those that showed interest. ;)

mauriceb

Nope ,Winter is best , a Brass Monkey run down the Stanthorpe/Sundown area's would be great ,Very soon it will be to hot to enjoy.