All 4 Adventure Just Rolled their $250,000 Chevy!

McClueless

The size of them is a handicap for sure. If they were the size of normal utes, they may well be on par.

I was surprised how capable out-of-the-box utes can be for most owners who bought one to get to the destination rather than trash it doing the hard stuff for fun.
With no lift and std tyres there are of course limitations.

My first experience was a long steep downhill mud run with super deep ruts.
I was solo and scared, couldn't back out through the tight stuff and the forest exit was at the bottom.
I dropped pressure, whether it helped or not and straddled the ruts.
The rear wheels fell in about halfway down, then crabbed some, then the front fell in and I plowed through.
Was no longer worried about pinstripes on the new GT BT50, only worried about ending up in the bush.

Later in dry conditions, I drove around half that forest on the rough border track with the car still stock std.
It was steep and rocky but the car just ate it all.
All I did was remove the tow hitch for the 3-year warranty period as it was all that dug trenches.

My first and only recovery was a young bloke who put the left half of his Amerok in the roadside ditch near the exit of that same forest known for rain. His fault as he only had to go slower to prevent it.
The mighty BT50 had to pull the front end out sideways as trees were about a foot in front of his car and it took a few gentle goes and then some revs with a hard strap but it came out fine.
He had no recovery gear at all.

McClueless

Talk about stupid questions and at least they would have got a laugh.

I have next to no real experience and could have answered the clowns.
I don't like living in wokeworld but rely on escaping to the bush before they lock us out and then fence the coastline to keep us safe from ourselves.

I tried a few things and just had to at least give the beach a try and return a couple of times as I learned.
After paying the $40 for access to a tiny Shitney beach. I checked out if Stockton can be sneaked onto from the southern end with no luck and tried the free access to the nudie beach near Anna Bay with surfers using one end and nudes ,the other.

The bush sand access track was a great experience and learning the feel, but what prevents me from going back is the people using it.
Most are new cars and their attitude seems to be me-me-me. There would have to be head ons as I doubt the city types would ever consider letting air out and re-filling, so speed on the narrow track and them never backing up makes it a bit too dangerous for me.

One day I will find another beach if a few still exist in the nanny state of Wales.

LongRoad2Go

Those guys should go into the dairy business, because they're good at milking time and piss-poor excuses: 54 minutes of yobbo BS.

The talk about driving it in the wet is a lie - the original footage shows Simon mouthing off about how the locals don't do it in the wet and him having fun slipping around - okay, lets ignore local knowledge. Even the cameraman couldn't get foot traction!

The conditions gave them a small number of SAFE options, they took an alternative stupid one.

Albynsw

Talk about stupid questions and at least they would have got a laugh.

I have next to no real experience and could have answered the clowns.
I don't like living in wokeworld but rely on escaping to the bush before they lock us out and then fence the coastline to keep us safe from ourselves.

I tried a few things and just had to at least give the beach a try and return a couple of times as I learned.
After paying the $40 for access to a tiny Shitney beach. I checked out if Stockton can be sneaked onto from the southern end with no luck and tried the free access to the nudie beach near Anna Bay with surfers using one end and nudes ,the other.

The bush sand access track was a great experience and learning the feel, but what prevents me from going back is the people using it.
Most are new cars and their attitude seems to be me-me-me. There would have to be head ons as I doubt the city types would ever consider letting air out and re-filling, so speed on the narrow track and them never backing up makes it a bit too dangerous for me.

One day I will find another beach if a few still exist in the nanny state of Wales.

You really need to leave NSW to do any proper beach driving, there is a bit north of Coffs, Toddy has done some videos on it recently

McClueless

Yeah, I a not interested in serious stuff as I am more often solo and also don't want my BT50 to rust out as they do.

A beach with decent access would be worth a look and there would have been many drivable beaches when I was young.

Who is Toddy or his channel name, would be worth a look but I am not up on the 4x4 channels.
I watched that tall young bloke that I called Smiley who had a modern Blue BT50.
Was just getting beginner tips when he stopped doing vids.

Albynsw

Yeah, I a not interested in serious stuff as I am more often solo and also don't want my BT50 to rust out as they do.

A beach with decent access would be worth a look and there would have been many drivable beaches when I was young.

Who is Toddy or his channel name, would be worth a look but I am not up on the 4x4 channels.
I watched that tall young bloke that I called Smiley who had a modern Blue BT50.

ToddyH is a member here and has posted up some trips on the beach https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php?threads/nsw-mid-north-coast.51675/

Toddyh

Yeah that's me. I also did a write up on every beach in NSW you can drive on.
https://unsealed4x4.com.au/complete-guide-to-four-wheel-drive-friendly-beaches-in-nsw/

McClueless

Good to know Toddy, tried a youtube watch and a couple of blokes did the beach I first thought of , the Port to Cresent Head.
Tonight is the troopy bloke.