Albo seems to be off to a good start

boobook

Keating funded all of Victoria to be converted to standard gauge rail. The Labor vic government bough a new Spencer St railway station instead.

discomatt

Try working on government projects, I am currently trying to manage the AV side of the hospital build down at Wonthaggi, you couldn't make up the crap that is going on down there, no wonder budgets get blown out on every project, it is laughable the stupidity and waist that goes on

Rusty Panels

Most of the things you guys are complaining about are State funded projects that the Federal morons don't make decisions on aren't they?

Mick_Marsh

Most of the things you guys are complaining about are State funded projects that the Federal morons don't make decisions on aren't they?
In my experience, most of the people I talk to about politics cannot understand the difference between State and Federal responsibilities.

cookie64

4x4 Earth Contributer
Albo off to a flying start, $40 a week for the lowest paid Aussies, thats great, the same week he gets a 10k pay rise, yep same old politician A hole
Listening to talk back today, there is no debating the justification for a Politicians pay rise like there is for us mere mortals, like @rogerazz says though, it wasn't down to Albo but I do think Albo & Dutton need to come together and decline the pay rise given the pain & suffering that the masses are enduring / have endured throughout the lockdowns and now the energy crisis, high fuel & grocery costs, I think it would be a much better look personally if they turned down the pay rise.

mikehzz

Listening to talk back today, there is no debating the justification for a Politicians pay rise like there is for us mere mortals, like @rogerazz says though, it wasn't down to Albo but I do think Albo & Dutton need to come together and decline the pay rise given the pain & suffering that the masses are enduring / have endured throughout the lockdowns and now the energy crisis, high fuel & grocery costs, I think it would be a much better look personally if they turned down the pay rise.
I just saw a pig fly by my window :)

rogerazz

4x4 Earth Contributer

dirvine

And dont forget the +15% super polies get ontop of pay and all the perks they get. Why are they just nt paid like all people who get jobsa nd have to transfer interstate? No perks no living away from home allowances, super at 10% and not able to access until 68 years old? The renum tribunal is a joke. Public service people determining public service pay rises!!! Unqualified swill the lot of them all getting at min $210,000 pa PLUS perks. If they had to work in a proper job most would be lucky to get paid $60K!

Albynsw

And dont forget the +15% super polies get ontop of pay and all the perks they get. Why are they just nt paid like all people who get jobsa nd have to transfer interstate? No perks no living away from home allowances, super at 10% and not able to access until 68 years old? The renum tribunal is a joke. Public service people determining public service pay rises!!! Unqualified swill the lot of them all getting at min $210,000 pa PLUS perks. If they had to work in a proper job most would be lucky to get paid $60K!

That is the unfortunate truth, the people with the appropriate skills and ability to manage our country work in the private and corporate sector because they are not interested in playing the political game.

Chatty

I think you would be surprised at the amount of influence the Feds have over state projects. Just one example - as soon as there is one dollar of federal funding on a project, the federal industrial relations requirements (charmingly called the Building Code) have to be implemented.
Reporting requirements on federally funded projects are also more onerous.

Albynsw

What a time for Albo to be hitting the floor, the poor bugger is going to have his hands full with everything going on
It will be as full on as all the events from the last term of government but completely different events

Last edited:

LongRoad2Go

I think you would be surprised at the amount of influence the Feds have over state projects. Just one example - as soon as there is one dollar of federal funding on a project, the federal industrial relations requirements (charmingly called the Building Code) have to be implemented.
Reporting requirements on federally funded projects are also more onerous.
Yes, that is very true. I've worked in the private sector, and in all three tiers of Government. If funding comes from the tier above, it always includes strict conditions and significant reporting requirements. The Feds tend to be the best/worst depending on how you look at it: best on account keeping and adherence, worst if you need to do all the laborious 'paper work' (done electronically these days).

Funds can be delivered in a few different ways but, usually, it goes from the Feds to the State Treasury, and then given to the relevant Government department for management and reporting back to the Feds, often with a representative from State/Local Government, depending who receives the money.

Making variations on Federal funding is a very big PITA i.e. why do you need more/less? Why are you returning funds? Why can't it be completed within the specified time frame? Etc ... Always makes me laugh when a vegan, latte sipping, social media hero says: 'it's not transparent' ... some people need to see an optometrist.