Air Matress Sleeping

D

Dingo1

Do yu find sleeping on an air matress can be uncomfortable sometimes, this could be because you are pumping up your air matess too tight again I tell my scouts not to pump the matress up so tight that it's like sleeping on a rock the best way to get a good nights slepp is to pump it up to a point wher your hip just touches to the ground, thi will give you a good sleep even if you sleep on your back. You might find that when you sleep on your back you feel as though you ahve this idea that your chest is being thrown up at an odd angle well the above idea will solve this problem remember pump up the matres so your hip just touches the ground and mean only just.

Dingo:cool:

GippsSurfer

never feel uncomfortable... if the mattress goes down a bit during the night, I just put the misses between me and the ground... makes her warm too!!!.....

I like to keep it nice and tight....

knot_gillty

never feel uncomfortable... if the mattress goes down a bit during the night, I just put the misses between me and the ground... makes her warm too!!!.....

I like to keep it nice and tight....

HAHAHA, you wish mate!! ;):D

Poor thing, you'd squash the bejesus out of her!!!!!

cptmud

overinflating the air mattress has to be the number 1 mistake, i just hate how they seem to magical deflate overnite.

Sharky

i just hate how they seem to magical deflate overnite.

AGREED which is why I think so many people over inflate them. I've never had 1 that stays up all night more than once. Give me a swag or stretcher any day.

However I actually like mine pumped up hard. Maybe it's coz I'm bony & light but I've tried many matresses at various volumes & I've found the most comfy way for me is to inflate until all creases are gone but not until its got 40 psi in it or anything.

Adventure guy

Do yu find sleeping on an air matress can be uncomfortable sometimes, this could be because you are pumping up your air matess too tight again I tell my scouts not to pump the matress up so tight that it's like sleeping on a rock the best way to get a good nights slepp is to pump it up to a point wher your hip just touches to the ground, thi will give you a good sleep even if you sleep on your back. You might find that when you sleep on your back you feel as though you ahve this idea that your chest is being thrown up at an odd angle well the above idea will solve this problem remember pump up the matres so your hip just touches the ground and mean only just.

Dingo:cool:

I've been told that your mattress has the correct volume, when you can put your knee in the middle, and it just touches the ground.

:)

D

Dingo1

Adventure guy it doesn't really matter knee, hip as long as it just touches the ground for that comfortable sleep. I had a n air matress that's a real beaut it made of a canvass/rubber type material and I've had ever since I was a scout then I gave it to my stepson who shall now be known son from now on ( dunno why) anyway he had it for 2 camps he went on and now it's stuff full of holes, I asked how it happen the answer "dunno just did". Anyway Adventure guy just make sure it is pumped so it's comfy for U:).

Dingo :cool:

Sharky

Yes it does coz when you put your knee on it 90% of your weight is on that knee but when you lie down your weight is spread out so therefore it would take a lot less volume for your ass to touch the ground, whereas if you have enough air in there so your knee just touches the ground then the only body parth that MIGHT at any point touch the ground in the night is your shoulder if you lay on your side & can be quite uncomfortable when that happens. I sleep on my side & have had my shoulder touching the ground all night once due to an under inflated mattress & my shoulder played up all of the next day.

But your last sentence is one of only true things I've read from ypu so far....... there is no right or rong way, just your preferred way. I have a mate who likes his half inflated. I like mine fully inflated so there you have it.

Last edited:

Adventure guy

Yes it does coz when you put your knee on it 90% of your weight is on that knee but when you lie down your weight is spread out so therefore it would take a lot less volume for your ass to touch the ground, whereas if you have enough air in there so your knee just touches the ground then the only body parth that MIGHT at any point touch the ground in the night is your shoulder if you lay on your side & can be quite uncomfortable when that happens. I sleep on my side & have had my shoulder touching the ground all night once due to an under inflated mattress & my shoulder played up all of the next day.

But your last sentence is one of only true things I've read from ypu so far....... there is no right or rong way, just your preferred way. I have a mate who likes his half inflated. I like mine fully inflated so there you have it.

Sharky your comment is right,the 'knee thing' is actually an industry standard (camping)
I try not to make comments without merit
At the end of the day we all sleep on, and have things the way we personally like it

:)