Air - Evolution Tents

Croozer

Wait another 2 months or so! Talked to the guys from Darche at the Brisbane 4x4 show over a beer. They are an awesome tent but they are doing a revision and will be releasing them shortly. I have always been a tent man and will grab the airvolution 6 as soon as hit hits the shelf. I have had a play with the 4 and they are magic!

lurkr

Couldn't wait - Had Easter camping trip and current (cheap) old tent has a thin floor that doesn't cope, so went and got the AT6.
Will see how it goes over time, but for the 9 day camp I'm just back from, it was brilliant.
EASY setup - peg, pump, done.... in under 13 minutes, no rushing, no instructions. Could do faster now that it's done once.
Packup in around 20 - deflates quick, but I spent some time cleaning & drying the bottom with each fold, so it went in the bag clean and dry. Again - could do faster if I wan't fussy, of if it was already dry underneath. Went in the bag 1st go.

That was under a tarp, so cannot comment on water-proofness from the top - but we had a LOT of rain and stayed 100% dry - previous years, our bed would be wet under the same conditions.

Getting tested again during the week without the tarp, and without me - will see how it fares.

From previous responses, I can only guess that they had some issues with earlier models, as this one is super stable, and I can't fault the stitching or construction. I can even lean on the side-poles to pull shoes on - something I could definitely NOT do on our dome-based traditional-pole-tent.

Love the head-room inside - duck through the door and stand straight up (6-foot). So far, so good

Aaron Schubert

Good to hear. I really like the look of these, after checking them out at the recent camping show. Call me a converted sceptic!

Aaron

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
I seriously like the idea. It makes sense.

I've never seen a kids jumping castle or big slide etc ever made of tent poles. And they stand up to the elements pretty well!

80lover96gxl

I seriously like the idea. It makes sense.

I've never seen a kids jumping castle or big slide etc ever made of tent poles. And they stand up to the elements pretty well!

Have seen them obtain lift off pretty easy tho when not sucured properly.

Billg

Hi,
Bought an AT6, brilliant design, but leaks like a sieve!!!! The peg straps sown into the bucket floor should of been seam sealed, this is where it leaked the most and it leaked around the tubes where the stitching is being stretched. If this tent didn't leak so bad I'd keep it, all stitched areas should of been seam sealed and not have to rely on stitching to swell. Yes I did follow manufacturers instructions and set it up first and wet it down, when I did this in the front yard I was staggered at the amount of water that came in. It rained twice on the first outing and leaked badly. I have the newer model with the ridge pole and it is the most stable tent I've had in a blow, if it didn't leak I'd keep it, but I'm sending it back. To make matters worse I bought a $30 two man tent for the grandies and it didn't leak!!! I would not recommend anyone buy one until this leaking issue is rectified, when it is it will be an awesome tent.

cokeaddict

Not real keen on this guys. We go "camping" places where we cannot predict weather from 1 minute to the next.
I cannot see this thing working in strong winds at all. I will stick to my poles and enjoy the fun of setting up camp 1 time and not having to worry about issues if the winds get loud or the rains get heavy.

harvthe

Identical to Billg, ours leaked like you have never seen.. (due to the rain) the response from darche was to put candle wax on the seems, which caused another holiday in tears... really hoping on a refund.. but so far i would say... stay away from these tents (design of the air poles is great, i use the same for my kites, have never had a leak)

harvthe

Identical to Billg, ours leaked like you have never seen.. (due to the rain) the response from darche was to put candle wax on the seems, which caused another holiday in tears... really hoping on a refund.. but so far i would say... stay away from these tents (design of the air poles is great, i use the same for my kites, have never had a leak)
update on the above.. darche has provided us with a new tent, which no longer has this problem.. great service.. very impressed!

Gavo

4x4 Earth Contributer
update on the above.. darche has provided us with a new tent, which no longer has this problem.. great service.. very impressed!
That's impressive. Guess you're always going to get a few teething issues

Cougz

4x4 Earth Contributer
I saw them at thenAdelaide show. Look quite good, Great idea but i found when packed up they are really heavy. Any one else find this.

cactusfizzy61

I have latest model. AT4 .Has new roof vent with mesh quite large.New better pump.Bit heavier than I thought.Very good strong pvc floor..Best thing about it is like a Tardis inside. My old tent was bigger but less room as such.Goes up quick lots and lots of tie down points and guide ropes.And the awning comes off so if its windy or short stay no need for it...picked up for $795 ..

WomblingFree

Have an AT4. Simply brilliant!
Done a 6 week trip up Cape York. Tent up and down daily, plenty of high wind etc. No problems handling the conditions.
Love this tent and have now sold all my others. This ones a keeper...

tshailendra340

Hi Guys, Anything latest on this? I have AT6 picked up back in 2015 during my time in Vic. Now down in South Africa, had been using the tent frequently but start to leak same as mentioned under one of the post here. 2 tubes leaking around the tubes where the stitching is being stretched. Do we get replacement tubes or its time to change? Had no issues with the Tent what so ever and is still strong.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    853.4 KB · Views: 104

WomblingFree

Hi Guys, Anything latest on this? I have AT6 picked up back in 2015 during my time in Vic. Now down in South Africa, had been using the tent frequently but start to leak same as mentioned under one of the post here. 2 tubes leaking around the tubes where the stitching is being stretched. Do we get replacement tubes or its time to change? Had no issues with the Tent what so ever and is still strong.

Leaking air or water?
If water then, as you are out of warranty, just seal it up with tent seam sealer.
If leaking air then you need to replace the pole tubes. There has been a pole revision since you bought yours so worth doing. Addresses areas around the valve on the bags which could start to separate.
The pump has been redesigned also. Only pumps on the down stroke and has over inflation protection. Apparently people are pumping them up to hard and stressing things.

My AT4 has done a lot of work in high wind, been packed and set up every day for weeks on end and I have only had one small water leak in some stitching in the base. Easily fixed with tent sealer and I did all the other base stitching at the same time 'just in case'

I still love this tent.

tshailendra340

Leaking Air, Water was the to find out where its leaking from.
Any suggestions on where to find these replacement poles?
Searched over web but yet to find anything close, tried to call Darche as well to assist, no luck.
Thank you for quick feedback.