After Turbo

ghumphreys

Life After Turbo

Picked up my 80series from workshop today after having turbo fitted & WOW what a difference only drove it for about 30km but going on a good trip to Bathurst over weekend. Amazing difference already, hope everything is just as reliable? Only time will tell

Last edited:

ghumphreys

Trip down was great at least a gear to a gear 1/2 better its great to be able to overtake things without having to plan it in advance. Had to watch temp gauge alot as the way we came the ambeint temp was up to 45 still handled very, good fuel economy was not that great but was in a bit of a driving mode not fuel mode will have more time to check fuel economy on the way home.

redback

I had the chance to drive a mates 100series before and after an after market turbo was fiited, amazing the difference in how more drivable the car was, heaps more grunt.

The only issue from what my mate was saying is the temperture, they do tend to run hot under load, I'm guessing EGTs will be up too, you may need to get an EGT and coolent temp alarm/monitor for piece of mind.

Baz.

ghumphreys

The trip back home was alot more pleasant with outside temps only upto 30 didnt have any engine temp problems at all, only problem is i think the A/C needs regasing realy struggling in this warm weather. Fuel economy seems to be about the same maybe slightly better a few more runs to really tell. Going to tow boat to brissy at xmas that will be a good test to see how much better it is with a turbo, hopefully get out on the gatton tracks again.