Advice - Danggali CP - SA

Zamunda

Hey everyone

We are thinking of camping in Danggali conservation park this Easter weekend. I am thinking of travelling on Saturday and returning on Monday back to Adelaide. I was not quite sure if I should do Danggali or Chowila. But Chowilla is fully booked. Daggali is still good. Travelling just the mrs and me.

Has anyone here been there? Any advice, road conditions, recommended camping spots will be highly appreciated.

@BIGCOL @80lover96gxl from past posts I noticed you have done Danggali.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Easy driving throughout but great scenery. Very much an outback feel. The main camp area is good with private type spots but you could camp pretty much anywhere. From memory there are no facilities.

Not much in chowila apart from some old ruins worthy of a few photos and an old shed. The driving is quite easy but the scenery is nice.

Dangali is much the same but more sand based driving . Both are enjoyable and make for a nice cruisy weekend drive.

There is some nice easy driving west of chowila towards Burra that also offers some good views of the local ranges .

@muffin man @mac_man_luke Thanks very much. Had a change of plans at the last minute. Decided to go to Rawnsley Station instead. But will like to do Danggali one day. Love that remote outback feel.
If staying at Rawnsley park station Merna Mora station is only an hrs drive west, recommend going there and doing the western edge drive of wilpena pound. Great scenery and while the track isn't very difficult it makes up for it with the stunning views of the range and back west across the open plains.

Zamunda

If staying at Rawnsley park station Merna Mora station is only an hrs drive west, recommend going there and doing the western edge drive of wilpena pound. Great scenery and while the track isn't very difficult it makes up for it with the stunning views of the range and back west across the open plains.
Sounds AWESOME! Thanks mate.

@80lover96gxl I just looked at the Hema Flinders map. The drive you mentioned, is that the Moralana Scenic Drive Track?
That is the drive that will get you to Merna Mora station which is located west of the intersection on the outback hwy. Go into the station, pay the track fee and get the map that will direct you to the track I mentioned, worth the fee and a drive I'm sure you will enjoy mate.