ACT Earthling Club - Conditions Apply

Dave40runner

Not your fault Jason... It's twisties! Lol. Kiss my hairy arse Dave! Lol bwwaaahhhaaa... I'll accept number 4 graciously

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

pajmick

thurs/frid this week will bring snow last sat morn was a awesome drive to cooma snow all around
thredbo to kahncobin is awesome snow bashing the whole way

twisty

Just you wait! Weather is warming, earthlings will travel, and, once they realise the benefits of being a member of this elite club ...

TI3VOM

Hi there everyone,
My name is Glenn, I'm 23 and I have just got myself my first 4x4 (Holden Jackaroo).
I have been out and about in it, in the time I've had it so far. I'm just waiting for some of the tracks around the Brindabella's to open up again.

I would like to join this Earthling club if I could :)

20120914_132928_zps74d0b867.jpg

Cheers,
Glenn.

twisty

Hi there everyone,
My name is Glenn, I'm 23 and I have just got myself my first 4x4 (Holden Jackaroo).
I have been out and about in it, in the time I've had it so far. I'm just waiting for some of the tracks around the Brindabella's to open up again.

I would like to join this Earthling club if I could :)

Cheers,
Glenn.

G'day Glenn, welcome to 4x4 earth and the Canberra Chapter :D Post a quick g'day in the Introductions so others can say g'day back.

All the major Brindabella tracks are open and camp sites ready for use.

ps. luv the "Jack" ... got a couple myself

Last edited:

TI3VOM

G'day Glenn, welcome to 4x4 earth and the Canberra Chapter :D Post a quick g'day in the Introductions so others can say g'day back.

All the major Brindabella tracks are open and camp sites ready for use.

ps. luv the "Jack" ... got a couple myself

Thanks Twisty.

That's good to know, I will have to head out there within the next couple of days then.

I don't mind the jack, just wish the bash plates weren't so low.

twisty

I don't mind the jack, just wish the bash plates weren't so low.

Spoon drains on Gentle Annie should test chassis height :D

Before you go out by yourself make sure you're prepared! First aid kit, basic recovery gear and correct tyre pressures (I run 25psi max in the brindies). Have an idea of what you're doing. It might be close to home but if something happens, it really is a long way away!

Tread lightly.

TI3VOM

Spoon drains on Gentle Annie should test chassis height :D

Before you go out by yourself make sure you're prepared! First aid kit, basic recovery gear and correct tyre pressures (I run 25psi max in the brindies). Have an idea of what you're doing. It might be close to home but if something happens, it really is a long way away!

Tread lightly.

Yeah I know what that's like already, got stuck out there with some mates the other month. Someone had removed the road closed signs. Had to spend the night without any camping/winter gear. Luckily I usually take the basics and we made a fire (which helped us survive the -6.3 degree night).
I now have an air compressor and a snatch strap.
I'm about to get a high lift jack, a decent shovel and first aid kit as well.
I've found 24psi to be pretty good so far.

Last edited:

twisty

G'day Berg, you're in! Number 6. Mate, post up a quick intro in the introductions section so other earthlings can say hello. Nice rig btw ...

bluehilux

Banned
Just thought I'd post a picture of Bulls Head and the snow that year :D

I haven't got a photo of the sign though.. yet

edit: the last pic is an old one.. The day it snowed last in canberra..
we left at 12 and it was snowing then on the way to Urriarra crossing
it was a foot deep at condor creek that day !
It's at Bulls Head

Attachments

• Bulls Head 07.JPG
    Bulls Head 07.JPG
    298.5 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN7736.JPG
    DSCN7736.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN7755c.jpg
    DSCN7755c.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Brindies 4wd snow.jpg
    Brindies 4wd snow.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Dave40runner

My wife wants to know if she can have #7? Her car is the GW. believe it or not she got in and out of Flea creek with very little help. not one 4x4 lesson, its not actually 4wd rather a AWD (they dont have 2 speed transfer cases anymore) on highway tyres at full pressures. And if she had of picked her lines a little better she wouldnt have needed my help either.

And yes the white runner is mine, the maroon one died.

Attachments

• IMAG0714.jpg
    IMAG0714.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:

twisty

Dave,

It would be my pleasure and delight to welcome any member of 4x4Earth.com.au to the prestigious ACT Earthlings Club. Conditions apply ;-)

Well bloody good on her! Well done. Gentle Annie has had a bit of work done recently and is as smooth as (although there's a bit of dust building up). Wouldn't take her any further though. She might also enjoy a run along Two Sticks or Mt Franklin.

How did the old rig die? Murder or suicide?

Last edited:

Dave40runner

The gw did well, I was worried the Chinese build quality wouldn't hold up but it's done very well. A new squeak but that's a sway bar bush and easily taken care of and the car hadn't let a single grain of bulldust in at all. Got everywhere I went too. My rig was built with the Brindies I'm mind so it was usual. But I need to cut the fuel pump back as it's over feeling and heaps of black smoke. Otherwise a good run.

Sent from earthling #3 on my CD V6 Jelly Bean powered HTC One X using the send button on your mum's Tapatalk 2

Acidstone

I'd like to flag my interest for membership to ACT Earthlings too! I thought I had a pic from the Circus from our last trip to Flea Creek, but sadly it doesn't include the vehicle. I'll try and get out in the next few weeks to get the requisite passport photo. I'm after that coveted #9 spot.... ;)

Last edited: