ACT- Dizzy Canberrian sick of driving in circles wants to go wheeling

twisty

Let your tyres down and lets get dirty!

Weekdays, weekends or camping in the region. When do you want to go? From Bega to Batemans Bay, and Tumut to Thredbo. Where do you want to go?

Who's interested ? What do ya say?

cloughcarib

Had a great run across the Murray today at Tom Groggin, but looking for more in the area. Not sure what the crossing is normally like, it was 600mm deep and flowing quite quickly(it was tricky to walk across). If you know of more in the Jindabyne area, I'd be keen to tag along tomorrow, or benifit from any ideas you may have. We leave on Sat so tomorrow is the only option.
Cheers.
Clough.

xf087

i'm interested .............depending on work commitments and

what the minister for war says ........

twisty

G'day Clough, sounds like fun. I'm looking around that area as well but a days notice is a bit tight.

xf087, I'm interested in day trips mostly. A bit of looking around some of the local forests (Pierces Creek etc) would suit me. Up into the Brindies, Mount Ginini or Flea Creek is always fun. No more than a couple of hundred km's and home for happy hour. Further south near Jindabyne would need a bit more organising for me, as would west around Bendethra and the coast.

Weekdays for the next two months are better for me as I work most weekends. Luckily I have some control and can change things if I'm tempted enough. My truth is that it's no fun going alone, or wise for that matter. I don't need big trips; just the chance to select 4 low and explore. I don't want tracks that need diff lockers, muddies and a lift; that just scares the minister for war and finance ...

..depending on ... what the minister for war says ........

Family friendly trips! Bring her along (and any little xf087's). My wife loves it (4wding) and is encouraging me now to explore, on my OWN! WHY? I hear you cry. So I know where to take her later ... and camp ... alone ...

Last edited:

03gallagherj

Sorry mate, I'm down the coast as of today. Will be doing some wheeling today..... well maybe we'll see how the old girl's travelling might wanna rest its tyres once I hit the bay.

twisty

I'm down the coast as of today.

Will be doing some wheeling today..... well maybe we'll see how the old girl's travelling might wanna rest its tyres once I hit the bay.

I'm thinking of doing a coast run mid January (15-17) and have a look for some beach camping spots from Ulladula to Bermagui. Let me know if you're around.

Is the Paj okay?

03gallagherj

Unfortunately I wont be around the I'm back to Uni full time on the 15th.

Paj is going better than ever ;) more dented but still crawling.

bugsy

All the better beach camping is from Bermagui to Tathra.Picinic point is a great spot super fishing.

Dave40runner

Twisty, im dragging a few of this kids into the brindies for a spot of wheeling and camping overnight somewhere saturday night, if your interested..

BILLBY

a few ideas

have you been into tallaganda np maybe visited the water wheel ? some 4wd areas thru there mostly logging roads though. always slip over into duea if you arent impressed.
what about brindabella to yarrongabilly or even to wee jasper from the brinderbella or back the other way
:cool:

twisty

have you been into tallaganda np maybe visited the water wheel ? some 4wd areas thru there mostly logging roads though. always slip over into duea if you arent impressed.
what about brindabella to yarrongabilly or even to wee jasper from the brinderbella or back the other way
:cool:

Thanks mate, they're all on the list :rolleyes: We've been exploring the Brindabellas but haven't gone much further afield ... Micalong and Long Plain might be next.

toddster

Twisty,

Next time you are heading out, let me know. Usually free for day drives or overnighters on weekends.

Hopefully we can meet up and get exploring around here.

twisty

g'day toddster. might be we need to organise a canberra chapter meetup soon. it seems there will be a region sub forum as well, so keep an eye open for that.

I'd like to do a day trip soon, well, more a reliability test after some recent work. A short run to, say, Flea Creek then McIntyres Hut and back via Dingi Ridge and Blue Range Rd. I've done it before and know my way, just want to do the next run with others around. About 5 hours round trip from Uriarra (from memory) including 2 stops.

The problem is, when?

Last edited:

Adricat

g'day toddster. might be we need to organise a canberra chapter meetup soon. it seems there will be a region sub forum as well, so keep an eye open for that.

I'd like to do a day trip soon, well, more a reliability test after some recent work. A short run to, say, Flea Creek then McIntyres Hut and back via Dingi Ridge and Blue Range Rd. I've done it before and know my way, just want to do the next run with others around. About 5 hours round trip from Uriarra (from memory) including 2 stops.

The problem is, when?

Interested.

Sunday or Sunday week?

twisty

Interested.

Sunday or Sunday week?

G'day Adricat. yeah ... that's the problem, I work next weekend and have promised the Minister a visit to the 4wd spectacular the following Sunday.

How about Sunday Feb 19th (a suggestion only). This would give others a bit of time to organise. I would be keen on doing a recce earlier, but it would need to be a weekday.