ACT - Canberra Chapter Meetup Sunday 19Feb

twisty

Cancelled - ACT Canberra Chapter Meetup Sunday 19Feb

Cancelled due to weather​

Lets try again soon​

G'day y'all. There is a bit of interest in a Brindies trip so, how about this?

4x4 Earth - Canberra Chapter Meetup and Brindabella day trip. Dry weather only. Family friendly.

Meet at Conder Hut, 9am Sunday 19Feb. Conder hut (S35 18.795 E148 52.304 (copy n paste into google maps)) is on Brindabella Rd on the left hand side 5.3km from Uriarra homestead heading to Picadilly Circus. Blue Range Rd is just before Conder hut and on the right. I'll be parked so I will be seen from the road. It's easy to miss Conder Hut and parking is out of sight from the road. Let me know if you're not sure. Air down.

Then travel via Picadilly Circus and Gentle Annie to Flea Creek (morning tea). Then via Webbs Ridge Trail to McIntyres Hut for lunch. Return via Dingi Ridge and Blue Range Rd back to Conder Hut. Air up and go home. Easy/medium. Steep ascents and decents, rocky, hairpins. 60km total (40 km L1). 6 hours.

Just in case, please make sure you have basic recovery gear, UHF radio, good tyres, and a full tank of fuel. Any questions?

Who's in?

Last edited:

Dave40runner

Mate, I was so looking forward to coming but as you know I was out there last weekend and I am going again next with an overnight stay with a heap of work mates.. Raincheck though if possible

mrpatchman

Lads, Did Monkey Gum, Some of Yarranmunmun and 12 Mile yesterday... What a hoot. Very keen to get the truck dirty again... Will need help finding Conder Hut though. Is there some decent offroading in there?

twisty

Lads, Did Monkey Gum, Some of Yarranmunmun and 12 Mile yesterday... What a hoot. Very keen to get the truck dirty again... Will need help finding Conder Hut though. Is there some decent offroading in there?

I'm looking forward to exploring that area some time (hint).

Conder hut (S35 18.795 E148 52.304 (copy n paste into google maps)) is on Brindabella Rd on the left hand side 5.3km from Uriarra homestead heading to Picadilly Circus. Blue Range Rd is just before Conder hut and on the right. I'll be parked so I will be seen from the road.

Define "decent". There are some side tracks that will articulate and tip and most have been blocked with rocks to prevent further adventure.

Last edited:

toddster

Mrpatchman,

The main trails are in pretty good shape but there are a few good side trails good for a play....there is a pretty funky powerline trail up a hill I might be keen to try with others around to help if needed:)

Dieselcon

This is off topic but where is 12 mile?????
Cheers jose

mrpatchman

This is off topic but where is 12 mile?????
Cheers jose

12 Mile Track is on the Southern Side of Turpentine Rd... South of Monkey Gum. If you can find Sassasfras on the map, it is just East of it on the SThern side of Turpentine Rd... The track goes way down Sth and can end up on top of Porters Creek Dam.

I reckon we organise a March odd trip and Ill take us through there and down into Nelligen and then through Deua the next day? Or something similar.

flecture

yeah should be good mate. went for a bit of drive up corin today had the day off, alot has been washed out from the rains since my last visit up there there were some difficult tracks that i walked couldnt handle most of them atleast not with a single vehicle.

coolumbla

hmm google maps says 177km from home via tumut
I have a nasty suspicion i may be working but if not i'll be keen to trundle over '

whats the proposed start time?

SHane

twisty

G'day Shane. 9am at Conder Hut (see OP for details). I just had a look on my map and it might be a nice drive via Tumut. We could meet you at Gentle Annie turnoff (S35 21.757 E148 46.065) about 10am (save you having to come over the hill).

coolumbla

thanks twisty
if I'm there i'll probably camp somewhere sat night
looks like i'm the roster filler of last resort that sunday though
I'll let you know later in teh week
swmbo may have something to say!

Shane