A petition?

infidel

I don’t know if this has been discussed before?
How can we start a petition to get the state government to let us pay one amount for a license to drive on all beaches in QLD. It is stupid having to pay for a license when we want to drive on one of the islands. Now if we could pay say $250 for the year which covered all the beaches and islands. It would be great and save on a lot of time getting each one. I cant understand why the beaches are classed as public roads but we have to get special permits.
Any thoughts.

Patriot

Administrator
Hey mate,

How does it work up there? Do you need a permit every time you go on the beach, or only certain beaches?

Down here there is only one beach we can use and it is on the SA border, so we don't get to do a lot of beach driving :(

Cheers,

James

Pure Yobbo

Hey mate,

How does it work up there? Do you need a permit every time you go on the beach, or only certain beaches?

Down here there is only one beach we can use and it is on the SA border, so we don't get to do a lot of beach driving :(

Cheers,

James

Hi James,

Yes you need permit for all the beaches now - or you will in the near future. You can get a yearly permit for some beaches

Maybe someone who goes to the beach a little more often can offer some more info.

Cheers

cruiserlad

4x4 Earth Contributer
yeah you have to pay for each different area but if your only going say to fraser for a couple of weeks you get a monthly pass bribie is close to brissy so i get a yearly as i can leave home and be airing down 40 minutes lately the cooloola coast is suppose to have a fee shortly and moreton and straddie are the same you pay a fee so i wouldnt mind paying a yearly fee of 250 or so but keep the other options as well

cruiserlad

4x4 Earth Contributer
i also reckon talk to your local member thats the place to start then you have some idea were the petion needs to end up to be the most effective