95 Pajero Petrol Miss Fire

nige n jules

Hi all, not been on here for a while,im fairly new to OZ and still sorting my life here out with my new ozzy wife ! , me n jules have a 1995 3.5L petrol pajero which has developed a nasty misfire on the slightest acceleration after about 5ks of driving.ive changed the plugs and its much better now but still happens. any suggestions would be gratefully accepted as i dont have a bottomless wallet ! and maybe in time i can return some info to help you,cheers all, Nige...

Grumpy

Instead of changing all the leads at once buy just 1 long lead and swap it till u find a fault, if no fault found it's only cost u the price of 1 lead. Good Luck.

croozza

Instead of changing all the leads at once buy just 1 long lead and swap it till u find a fault, if no fault found it's only cost u the price of 1 lead. Good Luck.

I don't think you can buy just the one lead for the paj, just like many newer Petrol motors, they can only be bought as a set, it could also be a coil pack playing up

Split pin

I agree with Crooza. Those 3.5 motors are great but the coils did let them down a bit. As for the leads on the 3.5 i am lead to believe that like a diesel the coil packs send a set charge through each measured lead a lot like the new Falcons do now.

The only way to check the coil packs with out a diagnostic machine is to buy one and replace one coil at a time and see which coil is faulty. Coils dont just stop working straight away they start to break down at high revs then progressively break down the rev range.

Failing the above take it to an Auto electrician and get them to test the coils and do a resistance test on all your leads (easiest way and possibile the cheapest way)

Well thats my 2 cents worth anyway.

kingo

i beleive its the coil mate,, if its breaking down after about 5ks im sure its the coil. But my advise is take it to a Auto electrician they will put the multimeter on it and tell you in a flash, problem solved for no charge$$$;)

osca4x4

i would go trade it in on a toyota if i were u save u money in the long run

no offense but that kind of comment really pee's me off:mad:, its like the one eyed ford blokes, tell them you have a problem with an ea or eb and they tell you to buy a bf or fg,even though they are problematic them selves, nice if you can afford it:(, useless if you can't:cool:.

start from plugs(done) then leads, then coils and work your way up to the expensive stuff, always check the cheapest items first.

nige n jules

Thank you all

Thank you all for replying to my post the problem was the coils overheating,i removed the cover over the coils and left it off and since then it's running sweet as !

osca4x4

sounds like you need forced air induction for the coils :cool:

na its good you got it sorted, so can you leave the cover off or will you need to alter it or something.:confused: