80 series diesel, not mine

Rhett HS

What's the details of it? I assume you have a reason for sharing it?

Aaron
I happenned to walk past it, and since it can be a highly desired model i figured i should share. Its very near my house. If anyone wants the details its easy to find out. The photo above probably has location details which is enough, but otherwise its easy to find out.

I happenned to walk past it, and since it can be a highly desired model i figured i should share. Its very near my house. If anyone wants the details its easy to find out. The photo above probably has location details which is enough, but otherwise its easy to find out.
Fair enough. If its a 1HZ they are a dime in a dozen. If its a 1HDT or FT they are still very pricey. I would imagine if it was turbo the sales guys would be all over it, but you never know!

Aaron

Rhett HS

Fair enough. If its a 1HZ they are a dime in a dozen. If its a 1HDT or FT they are still very pricey. I would imagine if it was turbo the sales guys would be all over it, but you never know!

Aaron
I assumed it is turbo. I thought the 1HZ only came out in the barn door 80 series?

Rhett HS

Nope, there were a few 1HZ with the normal up and down tailgates. Also, I can't see what rear doors it has from your pic :p

Aaron
Yeah i am only assuming its not a barn door because of the door strips, flares, paint colour, etc. I suppose it could be a done up barny?

Rhett HS

A chunk of guys reckon its more cost effective to just turbo the 1HZ and when it dies just chuck in another runner 1HZ.

The 1HDFT and 1HDFTE are gorgeous motors but for that reason are so expensive its a tough call. Unfortunately the cost typically probably doesnt outweigh the fuel savings compared to a petrol either. Like sydney, loved to death.

A chunk of guys reckon its more cost effective to just turbo the 1HZ and when it dies just chuck in another runner 1HZ.

The 1HDFT and 1HDFTE are gorgeous motors but for that reason are so expensive its a tough call. Unfortunately the cost typically probably doesnt outweigh the fuel savings compared to a petrol either. Like sydney, loved to death.
Gday Rhett, I have turbo'd both our 1hzeds, the ladies 105 has the dts kit, with a Mitsubishi turbo, pulls a horse float (I know, shoot me now lol). I put a Chinese ct26 with factory exhaust manifold and cross over pipe, full 3 inch exhaust system on the hzj79 For under 2 grand. They both go great now. Would do it all again. Having said that i like the 1HDFT but I'm scared of electrics :D

I'd still rather a 1HDT or FTE. The 1HZ's just don't seem to last long with a turbo. Nothing beats factory reliability, power and economy all rolled into one

I thought 105's were 100 series. Thanks for learning me :p
They are. Just called 105's

Aaron