79 aircon optional!!

GusB123

I was looking on Carsales for a 79 and I came across a 2006 79 series and I looked at the specs and it said that the car had no aircon but when I got my 75 series brand new it came with an aircon standard. Did this bloke not bother to say that it had aircon or was aircon an option on the old 79s

boobook

According to this article 2017? It was $2800 too. Almost 100% of customers took it. Ka ching!

Gees what do people want for $80,000? Next people will be demanding 2 cup holders.

Never let anyone tell you Toyota don't know what Customers want and are prepared to pay for. They sell every 200 and 70 they can make, and extract every cent they can for them.

Last edited:

GusB123

According to this article 2017? It was $2800 too. Almost 100% of customers took it. Ka ching!

Gees what do people want for $80,000? Next people will be demanding 2 cup holders.

Never let anyone tell you Toyota don't know what Customers want and are prepared to pay for. They sell every 200 and 70 they can make, and extract every cent they can for them.
Yea I’m surprised that the aircon isn’t factory fitted. Especially since they increased the price

boobook

Airconditioning, electric windows, 2 cup holders.

There'll be some ol cockies complaining " I dunno why they have to put these dammed fangled new toys in the bloody thing. More things to go wrong. Besides, the second cup holder will only encourage the wife to come out with me. No good I tell ya.":

And you know what? They are the people buying 70's by the truckload, and people laughing on this forum aren't buying 1 or ever will. And Toyota can't make enough of em at $80K a pop. I think they ARE listening to the buyers.

The other side is 4wds with 6 cup holders, electric depth sensors, multi-camera, see though bonnets, 6 power outlets, touch screen 4wd control, ediffs etc. And guess what. They don't work, aren't dependable and hardly anyone buys them. Maybe, just maybe the cockies, utility companies, and mines know something.

Last edited:

discomatt

He probably didn't pay enough then thank the dealer sincerly enough for the privilege of having such a vehicle so they failed to put gas in the system, or that could be another extra that he failed to tick the box for

Albynsw

When I did the dealer handover for my new cruiser he proceeded to show me the operational features
This is where you put your cassette, this dial turns on the fan and this lever changes the air from hot to cold and this is where you put the key to start the engine and the same key opens your fuel filler.

I told him to slow down and go through it all again as it was information overload :p . He looked at me a bit confused until he realised I was taking the piss.
It’s a funny thing, you pay all that coin and you don’t appear to get much for it and you drive away happy as a pig in shit and 250,000 k’s later you still have the grin on your face and put you money down again to get a new one which the biggest change from the old one will be the colour hahaha.

Albynsw

I'm curious, are the vents referred to as "windows" in the manual?

Manual? They tried writing a manual and they covered everything in three or four lines so dropped it, everything you need to know is on the sales brochure including the choice of 5 colours which they could reduce to 4 ( nobody wants the burgundy colour it’s gay)

boobook

One neat option I saw in a picture of 300s in the yard at the factory was a 2022 MY 70 series shorty. That would be very cool. It would be nice if Toyoya brought it back to Australia.

4.2 natural diesel,.

Last edited:

CTL

My air conditioner blows hot air! What I would like to note is that the compressor and fan are working correctly.

Umm, you guys do realise this is the first and only post from this new member at 1:56am this morning.

F90100D5-E71D-499C-9E12-F23508FBBFD4.jpeg