76 Series Rear Bar with Existing Toyota Tow Bar

Desert Boy

Hello,

I am booked to get a genuine Toyota Tow Bar fitted to my 2020 76 Series GXL, I am also looking at getting the ARB (Kaymar) rear bar with tyre holders etc when I saw some pictures with towbars fitted to the kaymar Rear Bar. My preference is to keep the genuine toyota towbar or do they remove this?

The cost to fit the genuine Toyota Tow Bar is $1650... Obviously don't want to spend this for them to remove in a few months when getting the ARB gear fitted...

Can someone tell me if the Kaymar rear bar can be fitted with the exisitng Toyota tow bar setup, this is my preference for towing loads etc

Thanks

Desert Boy

Unless I'm mistaken, the Kaymar rear bar, IS also a towbar.
True but limited in towing styles / setups. Having the genuine Toyota towbar setup provides more flexibility for towing arrangements and towing capacity. I will drop into ARB shop, if they can’t I’ll just use an MCC or similar that can be fitted keeping existing towbar

hulsty

How does the Toyota towbar offer more towing options/capacity than the Kaymar? I have the Kaymar integrated towbar on my 100, its good.

Desert Boy

Ok cheers, once seen ARB today I will know. If it is reasonable I may just put the cash from the Toyota Towbar to the Kaymar