70 series production officially paused.

Albynsw

Nice rig mate what are the specs and future mods planned ?
I just spent a small fortune on my single cab .
Lovell’s GVM upgrade, Trutracker diff correction, ARB bar work, Warn winch, Brown Davis long range tank, rims and rubber and the other usuals. Will get it remapped after I put a few K’s on it, missing the power of my old one a bit. Yeah the dollars get out of hand pretty quick eh.
Just waiting on my new canopy so I can fit it out and then hit the road for a few months

CTL

I will be just happy to get a border pass to WA. BTW tray is full alloy, was keen to keep the weight down
Alloy is heavier than steel for a large trailer chassis or full size trailer if engineered correctly, not sure how much difference in a ute tray. Alloy has other advantages over steel though and if I was doing what you have done, I would choose alloy also

Albynsw

Alloy is heavier than steel for a large trailer chassis or full size trailer if engineered correctly, not sure how much difference in a ute tray. Alloy has other advantages over steel though and if I was doing what you have done, I would choose alloy also

There was 80 to 100kg weight saving so not huge but every bit helps. I am very mindful of keeping the weight down in the rear of a dual cab. These things are strong enough but it still effects the handling

Reactions: CTL

barcrusher

Picked up my new dinosaur yesterday, feels fresh compared to my old one but overall same same. It was a lot more comfortable driving home without having to sit on my bulging wallet though :confused:

View attachment 72754
That colour is growing on me all the time, it reminds me of my FJ 45 well back in the 80s back in Darwin. One question I would like to ask if I can is did the contract price alter when you got it. I have one coming possibly mid Feb which means its a 2022 model as its apparently being made now. It was supposed to be mid Jan which meant manufacture date was mid Dec 2021 but they halved production and sent mine into the new year. At least I get a 2022 but am afraid of any rising production costs for the new model as a higher resale is no good to me. Cheers

joshinthecity

They're not going to raise the price on a signed contract with deposit.
You should be fine.
I'm in the same boat. (but without an ETA at this time)
Josh.

Albynsw

That colour is growing on me all the time, it reminds me of my FJ 45 well back in the 80s back in Darwin. One question I would like to ask if I can is did the contract price alter when you got it. I have one coming possibly mid Feb which means its a 2022 model as its apparently being made now. It was supposed to be mid Jan which meant manufacture date was mid Dec 2021 but they halved production and sent mine into the new year. At least I get a 2022 but am afraid of any rising production costs for the new model as a higher resale is no good to me. Cheers

I like the colour because of the old 45’s. I usually go white and was nervous the whole time that I made a mistake not doing it again but no regrets when I got it at all.
The price is the price that you put your deposit on, nothing has changed except the delay in the vehicle arriving

Albynsw

They're not going to raise the price on a signed contract with deposit.
You should be fine.
I'm in the same boat. (but without an ETA at this time)
Josh.

You still don’t have a delivery date? Man you backed the wrong horse with the dealer you chose. It is not their fault but they give allocation precedence to the dealers that sell more of them. My mate ordered his after you and his is here as well.

Not what you want to hear I know

barcrusher

You still don’t have a delivery date? Man you backed the wrong horse with the dealer you chose. It is not their fault but they give allocation precedence to the dealers that sell more of them. My mate ordered his after you and his is here as well.

Yep still under a year though and its 2022 model and a discount of 4K. This is a pretty big dealership to but I got a bit nervous when I went through the contract and read the fine print to which says they can if the manufacturer lifts their price on the newer model. Anyway we'll soon see. Delivery mid Feb. They did say if you order now its 2 years wait. Don't think I could be bothered.

joshinthecity

My local dealer sells quite a lot of 70's. Illawarra Toyota. Big Regional dealer. But you're right, not big in the grand scheme I guess..

Just to see what would happen and if anyone could by chance help. This is who I just called. (BIG dealers)
*Peter Warren Group: No one available, said they would call me back
EDIT: someone called me back. 12-15mths if ordered today.

*Terry Shields Toyota. Had to ring 3 times before they answered the phone. No one available, said someone will call

*Sydney City Toyota. No one available. Said someone would call me back. Got a call back from a 16y/o who did not know what a 70 Series is. EDIT: An adult called me back. 10-12 mth wait minimum if ordered now. Very helpful. Confirmed (even though they are a big dealer), that the vehicles do not come faster to higher volume dealers. That's what he said.

I don't know what else I can do.

Last edited:

Albynsw

My local dealer sells quite a lot of 70's. Illawarra Toyota. Big Regional dealer. But you're right, not big in the grand scheme I guess..

Just to see what would happen and if anyone could by chance help. This is who I just called. (BIG dealers)
*Peter Warren Group: No one available, said they would call me back

*Terry Shields Toyota. Had to ring 3 times before they answered the phone. No one available, said someone will call

*Sydney City Toyota. No one available. Said someone would call me back. Got a call back from a 16y/o who did not know what a 70 Series is. EDIT: An adult called me back. 10-12 mth wait minimum if ordered now. Very helpful. Confirmed (even though they are a big dealer), that the vehicles do not come faster to higher volume dealers. That's what he said.

I don't know what else I can do.

PM sent

G_ute

Interesting and understandable.
But, if the sales of the 70-series are boosted because they are unique and desireable (and being a high margin vehicle) perhaps Toyota would consider the expense in widening the cab for a wider axle.
It could come down to future engine choices, worldwide.

ppcark

Hello

I'm about to order a 76 - what do you think is a good price? I contacted a broker and they offer $74k drive away (in Vic). Dealership offered 0 discount on rrp. Both told me to expect 12-16 months wait.

cam04

Hello

I'm about to order a 76 - what do you think is a good price? I contacted a broker and they offer $74k drive away (in Vic). Dealership offered 0 discount on rrp. Both told me to expect 12-16 months wait.
A mate just picked his up. Ordered last may.

joshinthecity

Hello

Price and ETA, both about right...

GLee

I ordered mine end Aug (4 Sep Toyota order placed). Expect 8mths when I ordered, but Omicron shutdown could push it out. Desperate to get it before winter for skiing trips. Only need a week to set mine up to my liking.

linuxfan66

I ordered mine end Aug (4 Sep Toyota order placed). Expect 8mths when I ordered, but Omicron shutdown could push it out. Desperate to get it before winter for skiing trips. Only need a week to set mine up to my liking.
why would you believe anything a dealer tells you about delivery dates. they have no obligation nor ability to uphold said dates