70 series production officially paused.

joshinthecity

At my dealer waiting for it's lucky owner to pick up. This is the truck I could have had for $11,500 more than the one I ordered. It was / is too much money for what it is. But seeing it sitting there.. I'm not gonna lie. It tugged at the heartstrings, especially since my truck is a no-show till Dec at the least I suspect. I don't usually, but I DO have non-buyer's remorse with this. And yes.. I WILL find a way to source a pair of those front guard badges.. *sigh* "We are the decisions we have made".
IMG_6730.jpg

IMG_6728.jpg

Albynsw

Apparently they all sold out in about 20minutes.
Unless you are going to keep it stock standard I don’t see the point in one myself. You replace the bar, wheels, snorkel anyway so you only get the badge, I don’t like the steering wheel or timber trim either, looks a bit dick to me
The high air intake is different to standard, maybe they are all like that now?

What dealer is that at?

joshinthecity

Apparently they all sold out in about 20minutes.
Unless you are going to keep it stock standard I don’t see the point in one myself. You replace the bar, wheels, snorkel anyway so you only get the badge, I don’t like the steering wheel or timber trim either, looks a bit dick to me
The high air intake is different to standard, maybe they are all like that now?
Agree on all counts. However, when standing there looking at it in person. I realised what an amazing time-capsule it would have made. Tyres + suspension + snorkel then leave it. *sigh* FWIW, it is more appealing in the flesh, than it was in the press photos, and even in my own photos.
Anyway.... it's a decision in the past now.. onwards an upwards. How many sleeps is it till December again?
ffs.....

Albynsw

My current one is white and could of done white again as I still like it but thought I should make a change and always liked the taupe

Sandy Taupe looks it’s best on a Troopy IMO

Last edited:

discomatt

Can we roll the price of diesel back as well... that hurts at the moment
You haven't seen anything yet, wait a year from now to see the cost of fuel, well all essential items for that matter, most wont even be able to afford fuel for non essential travel

smitty_r51

I remember being amazed at having to pay 85.4 cents per litre at the Archer River in 1987 when it was only 42 cents at home.
Will I'm in Canberra, when we did the Simpson we did 7500km. Highest fuel cost was Mt Dare then Birdsville then Canberra . $$$$$
Good luck with the new rig @Albynsw ... Looking forward to the build.

Albynsw

Will I'm in Canberra, when we did the Simpson we did 7500km. Highest fuel cost was Mt Dare then Birdsville then Canberra . $$$$$
Good luck with the new rig @Albynsw ... Looking forward to the build.

Thanks for that, when you add up how much a 79 costs to set up the fuel is the cheapest bit :confused:

boobook

You haven't seen anything yet, wait a year from now to see the cost of fuel, well all essential items for that matter, most wont even be able to afford fuel for non essential travel
True Matt, But I think fuel prices will be the least of people's problems. Fuel and coal prices are being dragged up by gas. It may cost double to heat water and homes after this northern winter - our summer. . China is paying whatever it takes, and Europe is paying 2 to 3 times what it was 6 months ago.

Ouch.